LGBT Parenting

Non baby related-Pet Stories

We have many pet lovers on this board and I wanted to share some information with you all.  A friend of mine is putting together a book of pet stories.  She currently has two furr-babies of her own and also two skin babies (humans :-) ) and is a reporter in Australia.  She lived in the US for many years and is married to a former US Marine.  Her and I met in one of the most random ways and have kept in touch for over 10 years.  Feel free to contact her and share your pet stories.

• LOOKING FOR PET STORIES!

My name is Jodie O’Brien. I am a journalist and an animal lover who is looking for submissions for a book I am working on about beloved pets or even just any unique stories about animals. I am looking for stories about dogs, cats, horses, cows, goats, ferrets, rats, birds, rabbits, even reptiles or any other type of pet you or anyone you know might have! I may have been in touch with some of you a few years ago when I first started this project. However, due to a number of issues out of my control, it was placed on hold. The project is finally back in the works, so if you are still interested, please keep reading!

It will be a compilation book about pets and I will be editing. If you have a favorite story you would like to share, please write something up and email it to me with your name (and a publishable photo of the animal, if possible). It doesn't have to be long - it can be as short or long as you like. It doesn't even have to be just one story - you can submit as many as you like, or combine them all into one.

The stories can be funny, sad, heartwarming – anything! i.e. if it’s a story/anecdote you thought was worth telling someone about when it happened, or later at the dog park, etc. then it’s worth jotting down. The animals don’t have to be your current ones – they can be long deceased pets you have fond memories of, pets from childhood and so on.

For example: I have a story about a cat that was stolen that returned to its owners 1 year and 3 days later, and slept in the dog’s kennel for the next week straight; Another one – an elderly/ill dog that didn’t seem to want to pass away until its very pregnant owner had her baby; A dog that survived a venomous snake bite; Funny characteristics, faithful companions that got you through phases in your life Birds and cats being best mates? Birds that say funny things? Pets and kids? Perhaps it's about the loss of a beloved pet? Or those who have moved their pets overseas and their experiences with that? Experiences with wildlife? What it's like to live with an 'odd' or non-traditional pet. Again, ANYTHING you feel or you have told someone, etc.

IF successfully published; your name will appear as the author of that particular chapter about your animal and we will all have a book keepsake. (We will all most likely have to purchase a copy ourselves, but you never know).

There is no payment available for your submissions or through any potential revenue raised from the sale of the book. By submitting a story or stories (in any form, including by but not limited to electronically over email, Facebook or the Internet in any other way) you agree that this is your electronic signature in place of an actual written signature and you agree to these terms and conditions.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating on this project ASAP. Also, PLEASE feel free to pass this on to any friends who you think might also be interested in contributing.

The deadline for submissions is November 30, 2013.

My email address is: O_Brienjc@hotmail.com Please write PET STORY in the subject line.

I look forward to reading your pet stories!

Thank you.

Jodie O’Brien Brisbane, QLD.

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
HSG 12/12/12        
#1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
#2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
#3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
#5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
#6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
#7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
It's a GIRL!
We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"