January 2014 Moms

Thrombosed Hemorrhoid?

So I developed one of these over the weekend after sitting through an 8 hour birthing class! So painful.  I was in so much pain the last few weeks I had it lanced (drained) yesterday afternoon. I'm not allowed to return to work till Thursday, and was given some creams and suppositories to help with the recovery. I'm not sure how I feel about the suppositories, but the cream, baths, and tuck pads have been life savers. I highly recommend stocking up on these items now since I hear these bad boys only get worst after birth... Have any of you had one before? 

Re: Thrombosed Hemorrhoid?

• I had to have one removed nine months after Ds1
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• I think I have one. I'm a little horrified. I'm hoping it will go away. I think that's the head in the sand method... I may have to try something a little more medical soon.
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got a hemorrhoid last month on my birthday.  Tucks were a lifesaver and eventually it went away. 

• Ugh yes! I had three thrombosed that needed to be removed with my first son. Having them lanced doesn't mean they go away though so be careful not to sit or stand too long anymore! Although I am convinced sometimes they just show up no matter what. Feel better soon!
  • How do you know it's thrombosed? Or does your OB need to check?
  • Jumping in since in saw your question @beaunal...you can usually tell if it is thrombosed because it is hard (can be pea or even awful big like a blueberry or grape!)
  • And unfortunately in my experience OB's don't deal with hemmorhoids...mine referred me to a surgeon. Which blows my mind..pregnant people have them all the time!
  • I asked my OB about any kind of medicated cream she could prescribe and she just said to watch my diet. Um, I am in serious pain and not sure why she just blew me off. I have at least two that are enlarged. (sorry TMI)
    maybe I can ask her for a referral
  • My OB sent me to a general surgeon yesterday and they confirmed it was thrombosed. Then, she numbed the area and drained it. It was about the size of a jelly bean, and was so painful. Prior to leaving the doc gave me RX cream (steroid cream to help the area heal), she also gave me suppositories and Vikodin. I'm not taking the suppositories or the vikodin since they are class c drugs, unless I'm in serious pain. I'm not allowed to return to work till Thursday! These are awful! I hope you feel better soon!
  • Feel better!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial ticker
    Due with baby boy # 2 in May 2016
    DD #1 born January 2014

• BEAUNAL said:

I asked my OB about any kind of medicated cream she could prescribe and she just said to watch my diet. Um, I am in serious pain and not sure why she just blew me off. I have at least two that are enlarged. (sorry TMI)
    maybe I can ask her for a referral

definitely try and get a referral!! It will make you feel so much better and help you survive the next few months! They do tend to shrink and go down on their own like regular hems...but that takes 10 to 14 days and I was like no thanks!! Good luck and I understand where you are coming from...sorry you have to go through the pain
  • BEAUNAL said:
    How do you know it's thrombosed? Or does your OB need to check?
    When they are thrombosed, they are beyond painful...like can't sleep painful.  Unfortunately I had to have 2 thrombosed ones excised while pregnant with DD, 1 when she was a week old.  Was fine ever since then until yesterday.  Ugh.  My OB referred me to a colon-rectal surgeon when I was pregnant with DD and now I just contact her directly.  It's annoying and they never completely go away!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nbbride06 said:

BEAUNAL said:

How do you know it's thrombosed? Or does your OB need to check?

When they are thrombosed, they are beyond painful...like can't sleep painful.  Unfortunately I had to have 2 thrombosed ones excised while pregnant with DD, 1 when she was a week old.  Was fine ever since then until yesterday.  Ugh.  My OB referred me to a colon-rectal surgeon when I was pregnant with DD and now I just contact her directly.  It's annoying and they never completely go away!

I've had these since my first pregnancy three years ago and I just think my body hasn't had time to recover. This pregnancy seems to be so hard on my body and hemmroids, but it's my third baby in less than three years. I sent a message to my OB for a referral, hopefully she will help.

• So DD accidentally hit love it on the OP. I think that I took it off, but just to be sure, I don't love this. I hate hemorrhoids! I got a big one after DD was born that keeps going away and reappearing. Glad you got it Aiken care of!
  • pr0jectpr0ject member
    edited July 2014
    Thrombosed external hemorrhoid is more often a unit, can occur immediately 2-3 thrombosed node and can be circular when the swells all perianal area. As well found thrombosis of internal hemorrhoids. In article https://medusanews.com/articles/acute-hemorrhoids-thrombosed-external-hemorrhoid/ described how to treat thrombosed external hemorrhoid.
  • EsthiEsthi member
    Feel better ! I know how painfull this can be
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"