May 2013 Moms
Options

Need Vacation Advice Please!

Hey Ladies! Most of our family is going to be out of the country for Thanksgiving, so we were thinking of taking a short trip to Hawaii during the Thanksgiving weekend. It would be my husband, LO, SIL and I. LO will be 6 months at that time. LO currently nurses every 2 hours during the day, so I guess I am not sure if it would be worth it to go given that I feel like I will be constantly nursing and making sure he naps as scheduled, etc.

What would you ladies do? Would you go and still try to have fun or just wait until next year when we know it will be more enjoyable?

Re: Need Vacation Advice Please!

• Options
    I'm from there and although I would love to take S home to meet most of my family, we've decided that we're not taking her to Hawaii until her first birthday. This is mostly because it's a really long flight (7ish hours from here in CO) and I know she won't enjoy herself as much now, and neither will we. We figure when she's a year old, it'll be a lot easier to take her to the beach, she'll be able to stay up longer, etc etc.
  • Options
    I'd go. I think you could still have a great time plus it would be a nice break from everyday home life. As for nursing every 2 hours, nursing on the beach with nice warm weather and beautiful views beats nursing on the couch any day. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd wait.
  • Options
    We are going in January with an 8 month old and a 2yr old. I am scared.....

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I would wait. Also, where do you live? The time change in Hawaii is a bitch!!! You would have to try and figure that out with LO and change it back when you got back. 
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"