Preemies
Options

Delivered a baby boy on Sat!

edited October 2013 in Preemies
Hi everyone. I had posted an intro here about 3 weeks ago. I had PProm at 24 weeks with my first baby. I was able to carry LO until this Sat, when my contractions began. Jacob Noah was born at 27 weeks, weighing 2.2 pounds and 14 inches. He is doing an amazing job so far. He is off the vent, breathing in his own as of last night at 6 pm. He had his first bowel movement and my husband got to change his diaper. He's an amazing little fighter!

I understand what you guys mean now when you say it's a roller coaster of emotions. It doesn't help that I'm super hormonal as well. I bawled like a little baby the first time I met him! I met his doctors yesterday during rounds and quickly understand that I will need to learn the medical terms if I want up know what's going on with him.

Thank you for your continued support and ill be checking in pretty often with you guys to give you updates and get your support/opinions! I'm working on my milk supply/pumping at the moment!
Edit: I'm including pics of Jacob, because I'm a proud mama and think he is the cutest and most precious baby! Look how long his legs are!

Re: Delivered a baby boy on Sat!

• Options
    Congrats on your little one! I had a 30-weeker who was 2.2 lb and 14.5". She spent 66 days in the NICU and we've been out almost two weeks now.

You'll be surprised at how quickly you pick up on medical terminology. When I called a nurse to ask what her retic was, she asked if I was in the medical field. Nope, just spent too much time in the NICU!

Hang in there, it will be a roller coaster of emotions...especially those first couple pp weeks. It's amazing how tough these little ones truly are!
  • Options

Congrats on your baby!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son! I hope he continues to do well and that your milk supply comes in quickly. Thoughts & prayers for the shortest NICU stay possible!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Hang in there with the emotions...I cried for most of the first week and this week I have had only a few damp moments. This board is great for support and questions!
  • Options
    Welcome Jacob!  He is just precious, congrats.  Glad to hear he's doing so well.  Hugs to you.  PP hormones mixed with preemie in the NICU is sooo hard.  It will get easier, but please don't hesitate to ask questions to the board too.
  • Options
    @mchotts and @Mrs. Alice I totally lost it today because he just looks so uncomfortable and he started crying. Hearing his little helpless cry totally tore me up and I had to leave the room for a good 10 mins to calm down. I'm so not the type of person to shed tears. In fact I never do, but here I'm bawling and can't stop :(
  • Options
    Congrats on the birth of Jacob, he's adorable! My LO was a 27 weeker too, 2lbs 6.5oz. We spent 68 days in the NICU - we've been home for 8 weeks already!

I'm sorry you had a breakdown. Ditto PP's about the hormones mixed with the stress of the NICU, it's hard but it will get better. I had my first breakdown when I heard LO cry for the first time too because I felt so helpless. This board is wonderful and so supportive, you've come to the right place!
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Congratulations! If you can hear him cry does that mean he's off the vent and on CPAP? If so that's great news!

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    Go Jacob go! He's adorable. Here's to a short and uneventful stay in the nicu!
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Options
    Congratulations momma!
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son. My boys were born at 27 weeks 2days and they were also 14 inches long and 2 pounders. In the 3 weeks they've been in the NICU I have learned a lot of medical terminology. That's great that your baby is breathing on his own!
  • Options
    Congrats on the arrival of little Jacob!

• Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son! Praying for a NICU stay that is short and as uneventful as possible.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Kvochka said:
    @mchotts and @Mrs. Alice I totally lost it today because he just looks so uncomfortable and he started crying. Hearing his little helpless cry totally tore me up and I had to leave the room for a good 10 mins to calm down. I'm so not the type of person to shed tears. In fact I never do, but here I'm bawling and can't stop :(
    @Kvochka My worst days were the days he was under the bIliruben lights. He is not comfortable unless he is swaddled up tight and of course with phototherapy he had to be as exposed as possible. I spent 12 hours in the hospital with him those days and I cried almost the whole time because 1) He looked so uncomfortable and I couldn't sooth him 2) I knew he was burning calories that he needed to grow and 3) because he needed to be under the lights, I couldn't hold him as much and that killed me. 

I know this doesn't make your situation any easier to deal with and this for sure is not the pain Olympics. I shared that just so you know that you are not alone, it is fine to be crying in the NICU and it will pass eventually. If it doesn't please please PLEASE see someone sooner rather than later to get some help. Your baby needs the best you possible and it isn't weak or giving in to get some professional help in this very stressful, hormonal time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"