May 2013 Moms
Options

NBR: T&P request for my dad

I have mentioned my dad's cancer a few times, so maybe some of you are familiar... We have been taking it day by day and he was responding really well to chemotherapy, but this week things started taking a major turn for the worse and his liver is shutting down. They can no longer provide any kind of medical interventions so they are sending him home to live out the rest of his time is peace and comfort. As a daddy's girl, I'm asking that you send some thoughts and prayers his way. As much as you try to prepare yourself, I don't think you can ever be ready for the kind of heartache that comes with losing a parent. We're packing up now and going to stay nearby so we can spend as much time with him as possible. imageimage

Re: NBR: T&P request for my dad

• Options
    JoJo716JoJo716 member
    edited October 2013
    I am so sorry for you and your family. We recently lost my aunt to cancer and it just sucks. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

ETA: I know right now is a terrible time but before she passed my aunt got one of those books where she recorded herself reading it for her granddaughter. It is priceless to her daughter now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your Dad.  It's good that he will be surrounded by his loving family.  You're in my thoughts and prayers. Chin up and soldier on, for your Dad's sake.  Keep his last times as happy as possible. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers. This Tuesday marks 2 years since my dad passed, so I know how hard it is. Hug him close for as long as you can. It's a very hard thing to go through, but you WILL get through it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. Thought and prayers sent to you and your family.

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. When the time is close get hospice in there. They are truly amazing and werea blessing the last days of my FILs life. Sending you many thoughts and prayers.

Ps. JoJos idea is such a good one! Maybe you could also get one where you all ( including dad) record. What a blessing technology can be.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    That's heartbreaking. So sorry. PP had a good suggestion of having him record a story for LO. Love that idea.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family
  • Options
    This brought tears to my eyes. So very sorry you are going through this. Prayers for peace and comfort coming your way!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this, Prayers for you an your loved ones.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so ver sorry. I am glad you will get to be near him. T@Ps for you and your family.
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this.  My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.  I can't imagine what you are going through right now ((HUGS))
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this news :( T&P
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Thinking of and praying for you and your family.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for your dad, you, and your family.  I know what it's like to see a father battle cancer...life can be so brutally hard.  (((Hugs)))
    ***Lauren*** Married my Love 07.12.08 - Baby #1 (Girl)-Cystic Hygroma & Turner's Syndrome-D&C at 13 weeks 03.29.12
  • Options
    I am so sorry. Sending prayers.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the difficult times ahead for you and your family. My thoughts will be with you. (((HUGS)))

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for your family. 

What an absolutely beautiful wedding photo. 

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So very sorry that you are going through this. Prayers for your family.
    imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • Options
    My heart is breaking for you. Sending thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a parent. My thoughts are with you and your family. And I agree your wedding photo is beautiful.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• Options
    I'm so sorry. Enjoy your time with your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Options
    Sorry your dad, you and your family have to go through this..thoughts and prayers your way :(
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I appreciate you all for taking the time to read and respond and think of us. I'm feeling so overwhelmed and emotionally exhausted. Yesterday I was at lunch with friends when I received a message from my step-mother saying that my dad was being sent home from the hospital (he had been there all week) and that he was dying and didn't have long. She said to come right away. So DH took off work, we packed up as much baby gear as we could fit in the car and headed straight there. Now, this isn't the first time that she has claimed he was dying and we have come running. And every time it follows a hospital stay, so it always seems like a possibility. And from my last Ten Things, you may know that she is my only source of information regarding my dad's health and we struggle with it often. After visiting with my dad the past two days, he seems in good spirits and relatively good condition considering. My sister who FLEW IN from California (we are in IL) was also with me and we both felt as though our step mother wasn't being completely honest. She kept repeating that he doesn't have long and "this is the last time you will see him", nut looking at him it seemed like she was being way over dramatic. I finally reached his doctor today and found out that while it's true that he will no longer receive chemotherapy, they have given him a life expectancy of anywhere from three to nine months. So yes, he is dying and of course I am heart broken over it. But I am so tired of this "boy who cried wolf" from her! And even having my sister fly in. It is so emotionally exhausting and draining. So thank you all again. I'm looking forward to spending these next few months, rather than days, with him.
  • Options
    That is crazy. My dad was married to a crazy woman as well (not my mom!) He died suddenly from a heart attack so we never had to go through what you're going through with her, but she did some crazy shit regarding his death and funeral. By about 6 months after he died, my brother and I completely severed all ties with her and we haven't looked back. So long story short, do your best to ignore your stepmom and just focus on your dad, as I'm sure you already are. That's all that matters at the end of the day. Hugs to you!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"