July 2013 Moms
Options

I just hit a deer

Like an hour ago with my car.  My car lost.  It's going to need at least a new bumper and grill and who knows what else.  Thank God I didn't have any of my kids with me.  I was literally less than two miles from my house, and I didn't even kill the deer.  Like, if it's going to screw up my car, it should die.  Oh well.  At least I'm okay, and insurance should cover the repairs.

Anniversary imageLilypie - (fQ49)

Re: I just hit a deer

• Options
    At least if it would have died you could have had really awesome meat for a while.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with @jackson290721 on this one. I hope that was a frustrated exaggeration.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    Ummm, I came home to a dead deer leaning up against my house on Wed. So gross. And sad. Sorry about your car but it makes me sad that there is a deer limping around out there.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    These deer are effing crazy lately, and I swear they are suicidal, they run right AT cars! I actually saw one bounding down main street by the post office on Tuesday...for the record, there are no woods near Main Street, so it was pretty odd, lol!

Boo to a messed up car, but glad you are okay!
  • Options
    That sucks.
    I would assume she meant she hoped its death instead of running around wounded and in pain. I get calls for half dead deer all the time. Its not pretty. I should probably add mh is the game warden hence the calls.
    OP I am glad your okay. It can be a very scary experience
  • Options
    I swear the deer around here are kamikazes, they run straight into you no matter how much you try to avoid them.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    fabk said:
    That sucks. I would assume she meant she hoped its death instead of running around wounded and in pain. I get calls for half dead deer all the time. Its not pretty. I should probably add mh is the game warden hence the calls. OP I am glad your okay. It can be a very scary experience

Exactly this.  Should have clarified.  Sorry about that.  It is so frustrating, because they run straight out with no warning at all.

Anniversary imageLilypie - (fQ49)

• Options
    fabkfabk member
    edited October 2013
    @mamasighs Mh is a game warden. People call him at home day and night to deal with it. Even though its not his job he will go deal with it sometimes because he feels bad.
    I also dealt with this years ago when I worked in parks. Its not fun.
  • Options
    Poor deer :( I'm a sap when it comes to animals...but I'm glad you're okay :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I used to live in the Rockies, and the white tail deer are SCARY (and HUGE)!  I lived in a town called Cranbrook... Of the YouTube video of a deer stomping a dog fame. (If you're brave, search for this on YouTube WARNING that it's traumatizing, but the dog turned out ok after a trip to the vet.)

I used to get trapped outside of my house because the deer were in the yard and don't run away.

I hit a 'baby' deer (like a yearling, but smaller than an adult) in a government vehicle going 100km/hr.  I was an escape, and it got wrecked. The poor deer got wrecked, too, though.  Killed instantly.  I hit the poor thing, then ran it frickin over with the tires. Seriously, I goddam double tapped it.

Like ncchat, I was distraught over an animal I generally don't like.... Especially since one not only stomped a dog in town, but also stomped a special needs newspaper carrier.

I literally cried on the side of the road for a half hour.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Just watched YouTube video, @thegoodpotato. Omg. I'm in Sacramento and don't have deer issues here. At all. I had no idea they could do that. Wow. I'm all, aww Bambi and his mommy. Uh, no. Mommy is gangster.
  • Options
    Glad everyone's okay. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @ceechie - they're scary mofos. Don't mess with momma deer.  Seriously, I have been trapped inside and outside of my house by the whitetail in Cranbrook. And they're big deer - like 6 feet high.  I have seen people charged downtown by a seven point buck and been scared they would get skewered.

The town eventually had to do a deer cull, and donated all the venison to the food bank.  There were so, so many, and they were getting so dangerous....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    :( I've hit one before and it's so scary. Glad you are ok. Good reminder for us all to be on the look out for the deer this time of year.

Bonus: 

• Options

I felt bad for you until the "it should die" part.
    Now, I just kinda think you are a bitch for saying that. Glad your kids weren't with you though, hitting a large animal can really cause an awful wreck.

This. The deer were on that land long before the road or your car, they're not at fault..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ceechie said:

Just watched YouTube video, @thegoodpotato. Omg. I'm in Sacramento and don't have deer issues here. At all. I had no idea they could do that. Wow. I'm all, aww Bambi and his mommy. Uh, no. Mommy is gangster.

Hahahahaha sorry this made me LOL...gangster, haha.

Glad your are ok OP :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"