3rd Trimester

Finger Pain and Stiffness

I will be 33 weeks on Tuesday and in the past few days I have been waking up with extreme stiffness and a little bit of pain in my ring fingers. I've read that this could be pregnancy carpal tunnel but haven't found anything concrete on relief. Anyone else experiencing this?

Re: Finger Pain and Stiffness

• Yes, I have had carpal tunnel with both pregnancies.  I wore a wrist brace to sleep last time and it worked well.  I have also read to elevate your hands on a separate pillow when you sleep but I haven't tried that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I have it too, constant stiffness and soreness. It's worse at night. I finally bought a wrist brace from walmart for about $14. Definitely relief from the pain, but still have stiffness. I usually inky wear it at night. Carpel tunnel is pretty common during pregnancy from what my OB says.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had it too, but it didn't go away till a while after ds1 was born. It'll go away though. I didn't have it this time around.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have had this off and on for the last month too. Ice and running your hands under cold water helps some too-I use a net book computer for work and it definitely contributes to stiffness as does playing on my phone. ;(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got some braces yesterday and wore them to bed last night. The pain and stiffness was definitely not as bad today so hoping they keep working. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • I thought I had hurt my wrist in my sleep when it started a few days ago, but then it never got better and the other hand started hurting... I had forgotten all about pregnancy carpal tunnel! I will go buy some braces and see if it helps me too. Thanks for posting.
  • I'm so glad I saw this post!  For the past few weeks I have been having this issue and I figured I had developed arthritis!  So glad to hear it will go away after delivery!  And yes, mine is way worse in my ring fingers, my fingers will actually get locked at the joint, then pop free.  It's so weird.  With only 3 weeks left, I probably won't worry about the braces, but it's good to know if I need them, they do help.
  • Saw my OB today for my regular check up and she said it's very common in pregnancy and should go away after delivery. I'm hoping after delivery means before we leave the hospital! My job does require quite a bit of computer use so I have also used an ice pack to relieve pain and swelling. Add it to the list of discomforts. Best of luck to you other ladies that you get relief :)

• I'm so glad I saw this post!  For the past few weeks I have been having this issue and I figured I had developed arthritis!  So glad to hear it will go away after delivery!  And yes, mine is way worse in my ring fingers, my fingers will actually get locked at the joint, then pop free.  It's so weird.  With only 3 weeks left, I probably won't worry about the braces, but it's good to know if I need them, they do help.
    Me too.  I feel like I have mild arthritis in my fingers and other joints.  I had more traditional achy carpal tunnel symptoms with my first pregnancy along with aching and swollen finger joints.  All I know is...I can't wait to have my body back so I can stop feeling like an old lady.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"