Baby Showers

Timing of everything? Should I skip the shower all together?

OK - I'm "due" with twins Feb 9th (That will be my 37 weeks) and my mom is planning on doing my shower December 7th.
1.) When do I start doing a registry?
2.) When do we send out invites?

AND to throw a wrench in the mix, I've been having issues with a short cervix and it's very possible I could be on bed rest by December. 
- should I abandon the idea of even trying to have a shower and just do a "meet the babies" after they're born?
- OR should we continue as planned and then if we have to cancel, we can try to spread the word about the cancellation?

Thanks!
1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
2nd FET 6/14/2013
- BPF!!! -
1st Beta:
1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
Second u/s
7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
Third u/s
9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!

Re: Timing of everything? Should I skip the shower all together?

• Register before your invitations go out.  Send invitations 3-4 weeks before the shower date.  I would say don't register too far in advance because things get discontinued, but since the shower date is 12/7, you probably wouldn't have to worry about that too much. 

I would continue everything as planned, and if you have to cancel, worry about it then. 

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

• Start your registry soon.  Send out the invitations the first week of November.

If you do end up on bed rest, the shower could be postponed, or maybe it could even take place at your house? Most forms of bed rest allow you to have some movement.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I registered as soon as I found out what I was having.  Ideally I think invites should go out 6 weeks before the date.  Try to have the shower NLT the first week of December :)
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • My shower is 11/30, the Saturday after thanksgiving. Invitations were sent out this week, so people can plan ahead on the holiday weekend.
    imageimage

• Agreed!!

2012jmr said:
    Register before your invitations go out.  Send invitations 3-4 weeks before the shower date.  I would say don't register too far in advance because things get discontinued, but since the shower date is 12/7, you probably wouldn't have to worry about that too much. 

I would continue everything as planned, and if you have to cancel, worry about it then. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Advice from a preemie mom--schedule your shower and hope for the best. You may have to reschedule it but people will understand. You can do a bedrest shower at your house or ask special permission from your doctor to go somewhere if you strictly restricted. I also know people who were able to hold their showers at the hospital.

If your twins do come early (and I really hope that's not your story!), you can reschedule and decide how you feel then. i actually had a shower while my daughter was in the NICU. It was a mixed experience but its an option.
  • I would get started on your registry pretty soon.  You can always start your registry and do the rest online.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"