July 2013 Moms
Options

Baby Monitor

Just wanted to share a story with you ladies.  So about 5am this morning the discomfort of engorged boobies woke me up and I rolled over.  Then all of a sudden I hear a mans voice- he said like 3 words and it sounded like it came from the monitor.  DH works nights and doesn't get home until almost 8- so I knew it wasn't him.  The dog didn't bark so I figured no intruder.  I was so freakin scared!  I was sleepy but I know I was awake and know I heard this dude.

The dog happened to go into DD's room right before that so I couldn't look at him to see if he heard it too.  Of course at that moment, I think ghost- then I'm like ok no its not but I'm guessing it was picking up another monitor or something?  Has that ever happened to you?  So my last hour of sleep- I slept with my lamp on because I was scared.  Btw I'm a huge scardy cat anyways.  Random story and wanted to share!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby Monitor

• Options
    I would've grabbed the baby, dog, diaper bag, and carseat...then high tailed it out of there, scary.
  • Options
    I know I'm surprised I didn't but then I was thinking maybe I'm just crazy?  lol  Honestly if someone had been in the house my dog would have barked- I have no doubt.  Hope that never happens again tho- especially since DH is gone at night during the week. 

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've actually thought I've heard random voices from DS's monitor on occasion and will also admit to being a bit spooked by it in the MOTN but I think it probably is some sort of interference (and sometimes even sounds from DS that sound a whole lot like almost words)
  • Options
    kt012885 said:

I know I'm surprised I didn't but then I was thinking maybe I'm just crazy?  lol  Honestly if someone had been in the house my dog would have barked- I have no doubt.  Hope that never happens again tho- especially since DH is gone at night during the week. 

I'm such a baby. Everything scares me!
  • Options
    A coworker of mine told me there was a dateline segment of people going around neighborhoods and picking up the baby monitor frequencies to see the babies. So, I think it's entirely possible you picked up someone else's voice. I remember back in the day when portable home phones were new, aging myself, you could sometimes hear a neighbors conversation.

• Options
    We used to hear the neighbors over my little brothers baby monitor.
  • Options
    @cwhitloc Yes I remember talking on the phone in high school and I heard someone else's conversation.  Very weird.  Well I feel better but scared the crap out of me this morning!

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Laurendag Yep that's what we have.  Ugh I hope it doesn't happy again- scary!

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @BetsyD2010 Um ok yeah that's creepy and now I'm freaked.  (something similar happened to my cousin- her & her DS kept seeing a man and they had some weird crap happen- they actually sold their house because of it)  I just thought of this creepy man ghost staring at DD in her room.  lol

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

That would freak me the heck out.

We have a no bells and whistles one as well, but I only use it when I put her down at night, and might not hear her crying from the living room over the TV.  I turn it off once she's down and out, and I don't use it during the night - I can hear her crying in her room from the master.

I've heard a few creaks and clunks in her room from time to time, which is a little freaky because we're in an older home.

That's one of the reasons I DON'T use the monitor.  I'm a scaredy cat in a big way.

We have a creepy wood stud and concrete unfinished basement.  Our house is heated by oil, so we have a big oil tank that stands in this dark back corner.  One night while my husband was out of town for a meeting, the dogs started barking ferociously at this dark corner behind the oil tank..... needless to say, I called the dogs upstairs, shut the basement door, locked it, and slept with some lights on.  I'm not taking any chances.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @thegoodpotato LOL I don't blame you at all!  If I hear one little thing- I'll just sleep with my touchlamp on. 

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"