TTC After a Loss

♥ ♥ April Mommas Check-in ♥ ♥ (BFP warning)

Poppy715Poppy715 member
edited October 2013 in TTC After a Loss

♥ ♥ April Mommas Check-in ♥ ♥

Happy Thursday loves! I’m so sorry to see so many new faces but I look forward to getting to know each of you ladies better. If you haven’t yet please please read the blog! It’s important to the board that everyone reads it. I still refer back to it and I’ve been here since January! 
We were down to such a small handful of people and it breaks my heart that this check-in has so many more people. I’m happy to be a support system for each of you. Let me know if you need someone to talk to our just extra ((hugs)). ((hugs)) for those who need them!

Warning*** BFP posted below. Skip if you are having a bad day.

This is a check-in for anyone with a loss or EDD in April. Join us and tell us a bit about yourself.
Here are some siggy badges – feel free to use!

[IMG]https://i41.tinypic.com/evdel0.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i43.tinypic.com/o74t8l.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i39.tinypic.com/2edp9qb.jpg[/IMG]

=========================================
April Mommas:                
4/1/13 ~ LunaBug924, doglover31
4/2/14~ Drgn30, tarynkim, kmhofler, sunlavender
4/6/14~ Allyvaughn89, Emma2370
4/7/14~ vballgirl78, rattlecanqueen
4/9/12 ~ lsuhoneybadger
4/9/13 ~ Poppy715
4/9/14~ MrsWiseone, LizBlue
4/10/14~ slensic                              
4/15/13 ~ sugarland726
4/16/13 ~ luciddreamer106 
4/16/14~ Elbug, rox825
4/20/13~ mdarmetko
4/21/13 ~ brihall003, rubysi        
4/22/14~ dajhughes           
4/26/13 ~ JiffyJiffy
4/30/13 ~ Hawkward
4/30/14~ Jenn0021

If you become a graduate please PM me! I try to check PgAL, but don't always catch every announcement.

Congrats and a H&H9 to our own newly joined @ashtonblair123. Pick a sticky seat and stay put. You are in great company over on PgAL.

Graduates - https://aprilmommas.wordpress.com/2013/05/19/ttcal-april-mommas-graduates/
==========================================================
Updates-
@Hawkward – HOORAY for being unbenched! It’s full of so many emotions! Where are you in your cycle now? You need to link that chart so we can all stalk you! (Plus you need a hot man in a sweater too! ;)
@doglover31- Any updates on the cyst? That sounds so painful. Have you started the BCP?
@Luciddreamer- How was the funeral? I’m so sorry again for your loss.
@Poppy- Hey girls heeeey!
@Elbug- Hey lovely! I’m happy things are going well with you. Are you in the 2ww now? How are you doing with the song? I know that’s a really difficult trigger you have to deal with day in and day out. ((BIG HUGS))
@slensic- Sorry your cycle is so wonky! That’s frustrating for sure. I’m so happy to hear your DH is so excited! You need his support to mellow out the TTC stress. Mine hasn’t been the same since my loss. It’s hard to get used to the unknown.
@MrsWiseon- ((hugs)) on the BFN they are so hard to see. I’ll keep you on the list for now so we can think of you and send you lots of good vibes during your hiatus. Take care!!
@mdarmetko- Has the bleeding stopped?! I remember last week you had slowed to spotting. FX it’s all finished.
@LizBlue- How are you this week? Hopefully you are doing better. I can imagine how rough it will be meeting each week and knowing the gala will take place the same time as your EDD. (((BIG HUGS)))
@rubysi- How have you been this past week? I’m so sorry you are joining us.
@Emma2370- Welcome. How have you been the past week?
@jenn0021- How are you this week? I hope you are feeling lots better. How are you physically? Still healing? Already 1 week down and closer to a referral.
@dajhughes- ((hugs)) so sorry you are joining us.
@sunlavendar- So sorry for your loss. Has the spotting form the m/c stopped yet? I’m glad to hear you have a great dialogue with your doctor going forward.
@rattlecanqueen- Sorry for your loss. Have you seen our TTA check-in? It’s awesome, and I would know. I checked in there for months! The leader is KMW and they post on Fridays.
@rox825- Welcome. How was your appointment? Any news about getting a consult with the RE?
@Allyvaughan86, @vballgirl78, @tarynkim- @kmhofler – We missed you ladies last week.

TTCAL Updates: Any new updates?  Any venting or complaints you want to get off your chest? Share!

Fun Question: What was your favorite Halloween costume ever? Bonus for PIPs, as always.

Quote of the Week: Here are some fun pumpkin carvings. PIP any you find that are impressive or hilarious! image

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
~All AL always welcome~

Re: ♥ ♥ April Mommas Check-in ♥ ♥ (BFP warning)

• Poppy715 - almost done with the waiting game.  I'm excited for you!

My update - I don't know what my body is doing.  I'd reported last week I'd been spotting/brown discharge since my mc (started 9/16).  Then, this weekend, it picked up to a light bleed.  On Monday, exactly 4 week after I started to mc, it was an all out blood fest.  I would think it was AF, but I took a PT on Sunday that screamed positive.  It's heavier than my regular period, but not really any clots.  I hate pads so I've been wearing liners and switching them out frequently, but when working out I'll wear a tampon.  It's in for 60-90 minutes and is saturated by the time I take it out.  So basically, I don't know if this is leftover mc stuff or AF, but I'm not sure if you can get AF if your levels are still high enough to get a BFP.  I go in this afternoon to see my midwife so maybe she can tell me wtf is going on.  They will take my levels again (was a high as 2,700 11 days after I started to mc) and see if there is left over crap.  I just want to move on!

Fun Question: What was your favorite Halloween costume ever? Last year me and 3 friends were "French Kiss".  We dressed up as French people and each painted our faces like a member of Kiss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • Hi all!  Thanks for the hugs @Poppy 715.  I am doing better this week--probably because we didn't have a gala meeting :)  All in all, I'm doing ok.  7DPO and getting the urge to pee on things so I visit the crazy train a lot.

Favorite Halloween costume was back in college--my bff and I dressed up like Patsy and Eddie from Absolutely Fabulous (at the time we could recite every line).  I don't have a picture, but we made the costumes ourselves and they came out soooooo good.  

----
    *I am no longer regularly posting on TB because of the fucked up debacle of Jan 2015 when administrators banned long-term members and mods with no notice and completely dismantled a community full of women who cared about each other.  If you see me posting it's only to give support to a poster who needs it or to post something important enough that I need to say.  I am no longer responding to  anything other than issues that affect people who I care about*
    37 years old, MH is 42
    TTC since 2010; Dx Unexplained Infertility; possible male factor 
    August 2012 through June 2013:  6 IUIs with clomid and trigger shot, all BFNs
    7/2013, Pregnant! Unmedicated--we were on a treatment break
    8/20/13 no heart beat; 8/23/13 d&c
    3/15/14 IVF #1:  Lupron/Follistim/Menopur; ER 3/10 resulting in four transfer grade blastocysts, transferred one pretty blast and froze the remaining three. BFN. 
    Natural FET in May cancelled because the universe hates me my hormones were not cooperating.
    6/24/14 FET #1: transferred two pretty embryos; BFN   
    8/28/14 FET #2: BFP, ended in Chemical pregnancy

Done with medical intervention and getting used to the idea of CFNBC.  

All welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • StasiStasi member
    edited October 2013
    Hi there. I've intro'd before on the main board and newbies, but I'll go again here.

My EDD was 4/20/14 (for the list)

I had a D&C on 9/28 at 10w5d. I've received the all clear to TTC again with the recommendation that we wait for the first cycle to come, which we are now waiting for. I struggle with PCOS and I've started taking 1000mg of Metformin (I was on it in 2011 as well).

I'm dealing well emotionally, I'm very nervous that my cycle won't come back at all and I'll be stuck in PCOS hell again. Metformin really helped me before so there is no reason for me to panic, but I do anyway :)

Anyway, that's me. Big hugs to all my fellow April mommas.

Oh yeah! My favorite Halloween costume was with my husband (who is really tall). He went as Katie Holmes and I was Tom Cruise right around the time when he did the couch jumping stint on Oprah. It was tons of fun!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Hi! I would like to join this check in after reading the updates on it for a few weeks. I had a MC at the end of August with my first pregnancy. My EDD was 4/26/13 and I had my D&C on 8/28/13 at 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. My emotions have been so difficult. I have found it difficult to move on, and I feel sad all the time. One of my close friends also just had a baby, and it sucks. She keeps posting all the pictures and everytime I see them I start crying. Anyways, I'm off the bench and hopefully will be able to start trying again this cycle and move on. I have PCOS and am on Metformin also, so my cycles can be quite long and irregular. Also, DH is going away next week and I am terrified I will O and miss my chance.

Hmm favorite Halloween Costume...DH and I went as an Angel and Devil once, which even though that one is overdone, it was a ton of fun. We are not so creative with costumes!!

TTC #1 since Summer 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS- treatment:1000 mg Metformin
    BFP #1 8/9/13 EDD 4/26/14 D&C 8/29/13
    BFP #2 2/6/14 EDD 10/16/14- keeping our fingers crossed!
  • @Poppy715 thanks for doing this check-in.

My D&C follow-up is 1 week from tomorrow, hopefully they'll have our pathology results.  We should find out whether the baby was a boy or girl so it's going to be a sad appointment, but hopefully by then I will have stopped bleeding and HCG will be close to zero so we can move on at least physically.  That's my vent- still bleeding 11 days after D&C.  My last HPT earlier this week was faint but there.  I scheduled my RE consult a few days after my follow-up to go over the results with her and find out when we can start treatment again.  We'll probably take a break for a cycle even if we're cleared after I get AF, I'm definitely not ready for all of that yet.  

I did start counseling this week, I'm giving it a try for a month or 2 to see if it helps me in some way.

Favorite Halloween costume, this is boring but in my early 20's I was a cat/leopard and I went all out with fake nails and eyelashes and everything, so that was fun.

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Hey Poppy thanks for running this check in! I am about half way done with my BCP. Once my period starts I will go in for a day 3 scan and see if the cyst is gone. I've had some reigned of pain but nothing terribly bad so hopefully it is going away. If the cyst is gone we will do our second round of femara/IUI. Hopefully I can get off the bench soon!

I don't know if I have any favorite costumes.....I wasn't really much of a Halloween lover growing up!
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi @Poppy715 Thanks for doing the check in!

((hugs)) to all our new members. I am so sorry you find yourself here. 

@slensic- Sorry your cycle is so wonky! That’s frustrating for sure. I’m so happy to hear your DH is so excited! You need his support to mellow out the TTC stress. Mine hasn’t been the same since my loss. It’s hard to get used to the unknown. 

I am doing pretty good this week. It's what I hope is my FW, only second cycle post loss so I don't know for sure but all signs are pointing that I am back on a normalish cycle. So DH and I will be HIO this week. I forgot my OPK's at home this morning so I am little annoyed with myself. My temps have been wonky the last 2 days but I have been having lots of sleep interruptions and we turned the heat up since it got cold so I am hoping that has something to do with it. 

Fun Question: I was medusa one year, it took forever to do and then get out of but it was great. It was all my hair, no wig and the snakes could move.

image image   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

BFP#1 9/25/10 DD born 6/9/11
    BFP#2 8/1/13 MC 8/31/13
    BFP#3 11/2/13 EDD 7/15/14 Stick baby Stick
    1st u/s 11/26/13 at 7w, measuring right on track and a heartbeat of 139bpm
    NT Scan 1/6/14 at 12w 6d, normal healthy squirmy baby measuring right on track heartbeat of 147bpm
    1st 2nd tri Scan 2/3/14 at 16w 6d, very healthy baby BOY!
    A/S 3/4/14 still a very healthy BOY, measuring right on track!
    DS born 7/9/14

All always welcome

• @mdarmetko- I just want to hug you! I'm so sorry you are going through this mess. It's mentally exhausting not knowing what your body is doing. I'm glad to hear you are checking in with your midwife. Hopefully she can give you some answers and together you can find some peace of mind. I totally understand that feeling of just wanting to move on and forward. Hang in there! It has to stop sometime.

I love the French Kiss costumes! So much fun. Did everyone get it?

@LizBlue, I'm glad you don't have a meeting this week! You needed a break from that planning and constant reminder. Resist the urge until you are a few more days out! If you need to look at the chart of when BFP's appear. Bug linked it for me when I was going nuts during my 2WW. It helps keep the crazy at bay for a little while. Do you set a day that you allow yourself to test or just go with whenever you can't stand not knowing anymore?

@Stasi, I'm sorry you weren't on the list! I added a ton of new people and thought you were there too. I'll get that fixed soon! We have many PCOS ladies on the board. Keep your eyes peeled for their info in their siggies. They can be encouraging. Hopefully you can get things moving along and the Metformin will do it's job quickly! AF vibes coming your way! ((hugs)) I love that your H dressed up as a woman for Halloween! So awesome.

@Becs18, welcome to April mommas. So sorry you have to join us. You don't have to move on. Loss isn't something you move on from. You learn to live with the loss. It's hard but you never fully heal or "get over" losing a child. Don't be upset with yourself for grieving and having emotions. You lost something more precious than anything else in the world. Can you block her photo's on Facebook? There are settings where you can change their posts to "only important life events" I have SEVERAL people in this category. I want to know if they move or get a new job but I don't give a crap what their kids latest trick is. Hang in there. You are still very fresh out from your loss. It takes time to learn how to adjust to his world after a loss. Here's something I always keep in the back of my mind.

@rox825- Keep us updated next week when you go in for your follow-up appointment. We all want to support you when you get your results. I'll be sending you good vibes and lots of love in preparation for that difficult appointment. It's totally fine to take a break. So many people think they are ready for TTC again right after a loss. They rush into things without hesitation and without really mourning their loss. Take your time and do what's right for you and your H. There is no rule for when it's appropriate to try again. Counseling can be a wonderful thing. I hope you have a good connection with your counselor and are able to find some healing through the appointments.

@Hawkward- I was just giving you crap about the challenge. It's obviously not mandatory! OPK's have frustrated me so far but some people swear by them! Hopefully they are just what you need! Ohhh man busy weekend ahead HIO! Remember to have some fun while you are at it.

@doglover- I can't believe you are already so far through those pills. Time is flying! Everything is crossed that your cyst has disappeared and it can be business as usual after! It's good you aren't having too much pain from it. It sounds like it could cause a lot. Hopefully bench burning is right around the corner for you!!

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• @slensic that's an awesome costume!

I forgot my OPK's at home last cycle too. I think that's why I ended up with weird timing. I wasn't positive when I O'd. I would put some in your purse right when you get home tonight! Have some fun this weekend HIO. FX for you.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Poppy715 said:

@LizBlue, I'm glad you don't have a meeting this week! You needed a break from that planning and constant reminder. Resist the urge until you are a few more days out! If you need to look at the chart of when BFP's appear. Bug linked it for me when I was going nuts during my 2WW. It helps keep the crazy at bay for a little while. Do you set a day that you allow yourself to test or just go with whenever you can't stand not knowing anymore?

I make myself wait to test until 14DPO.  I just torture myself obsessing about my symptoms days 7 -13.  :) Today I discovered the "overlay charts" function of Fertility Friend.  Watch out world!
    ----
    *I am no longer regularly posting on TB because of the fucked up debacle of Jan 2015 when administrators banned long-term members and mods with no notice and completely dismantled a community full of women who cared about each other.  If you see me posting it's only to give support to a poster who needs it or to post something important enough that I need to say.  I am no longer responding to  anything other than issues that affect people who I care about*
    37 years old, MH is 42
    3/15/14 IVF #1:  Lupron/Follistim/Menopur; ER 3/10 resulting in four transfer grade blastocysts, transferred one pretty blast and froze the remaining three. BFN. 
    Natural FET in May cancelled because the universe hates me my hormones were not cooperating.

All welcome
  • Luciddreamer- How was the funeral? I’m so sorry again for your loss. 
    We didn't have the funeral yet, I was just visiting last week. My cousin is in the Army and stationed in Texas. They wanted to postpone the actual memorial to make sure he could be there. The family only graveside funeral will be Nov. 1st and the memorial for everyone will be on Nov. 2nd. I'm glad we went down as my grandma is having a really hard time. They were married for 71 years!

Update: (This is copied from the September check-in) I'm on CD 3 now  and had a baseline u/s with my RE this morning. Since my lining was thin last cycle, we're changing some of my medications. I'll take letrozole from CD 3-7 (instead of CD 5-9), start estradiol on CD 9 to help thicken my lining, keep the HCG trigger the same, and add progesterone after ovulation. I have my next ultrasound next Friday to see how my ovaries and lining are cooperating. The nurse told me that I need to talk to my ovaries and convince them to cooperate. haha.

QOTW: My favorite costume was dressing up as a ballerina when I was 7. I wore my mom's leotard, complete with tutu and tiara.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Another intro here, I've had three losses. Two were due in April one year after the other. Just two days ago I had to have an emergency D&C which really sucked but I'm doing soo much better now. I got the ok to start trying again as soon as my first cycle comes so now I'm just waiting. Nice to meet all you ladies! 
     I stopped dressing up for halloween a few years ago, money ran short and I just never got back in the habit. I would rather stay home giving kids the candy.

Woo Hoo for Jack!
    8/17/12 Miscarriage at 9 weeks. Fetal Growth stopped 6w6d 2/15/13 Chemical pregnancy 8/21/13 BFP! MMC oct 8th measured 8w5d

<br/><a href="http://oi41.tinypic.com/evdel0.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>
  • May I join you ladies? EDD 4-19-14.
    First pregnancy, first loss. M/MC at 12 weeks, baby was 10 weeks. I did post an intro on the main board. F/u in 8 days to recheck levels and the Dr. says we will have the all clear to TTC if <5. Hoping my cycle goes back to normal but that is far out as I'm healing from my D&C that had complications. (Hugs) to all of you wonderful ladies!
    As far as Halloween costumes...probably my exotic butterfly outfit in college :)

• hi! I've found the tta thread and the bible study thread. it's nice to be around others who know do much and are so supportive. I'm really looking forward to building relationships here.

this week hasn't been as good as I would've liked it to be. just a rough week at workcoupled with AF. it just sucks, i want to have another baby, but miss the one I lost and feel a little guilty like I'm wanting to replace her/ him. it's also been hard for me to deal with an indefinite timeline. it would be easier if I had some idea of where the light at the end of the tunnel will be.

as much as I love Halloween,I don't know if I have a fave costume. mine have always been store bought and not that super!

@mdarmetko, I'm sorry you're still in a limbo type area with your miscarriage. I hope your body gets itself together soon! hugs.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• update: took a pt at the office and it was neg... woot! however, the u/s showed some crap hanging out at the bottom of my cervix.  i have to go pick up a prescription cytotec tonight to hopefully help it all out.  next week she'll check out if it worked and take it from there. thanks for all the support ladies!

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • Helo ladies, thanks for doing the check in @poppy715. It's been a tough week, I had my d&c 8/27/13, my cycle returned 3 weeks later and has been like clockwork since. I know that's a good thing and feel for the ladies playing the af waiting game. For me it's just another reminder that I am not pg. some may know we are waiting on bw karotyping before we can go ahead and ttc, it's just tough. But everyone is in the tough boat right now so I should not complain. Halloween costumes a few years ago my husband and I dressed up as pirates, that was fun. I am from the UK so we did not have Halloween as kids, although it is getting popular now.
    BFP #1 7/25/13. MMC 8/26/13 8 weeks 5days Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP #2 11/5/13 chemical pregnancy 11/9/13 BFP #3 12/28/13 "Our HOPE baby"
  • sunlavendar- So sorry for your loss. Has the spotting form the m/c stopped yet? I’m glad to hear you have a great dialogue with your doctor going forward. 

The spotting has finally stopped, thank goodness.  And my sex drive has come back, which was MIA for a good long while.  Although this isn't the situation I wanted to be in, I'm trying to be grateful for the small things.

I had a follow-up with my OB on Monday.  We're cleared to TTC again as soon as my period comes (who thought after a year+ of TTC I'd be rooting for my period to come?).  I took a test on Tuesday and the second line was very light.  Hoping that means things will get back to normal soon.

Fun Question: What was your favorite Halloween costume ever?

I was a 50's dancer for like three years in a row once.  I'm not sure why, but I think I just really liked wearing the big skirt! 

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• @Sunlavendar - I'm sorry for your loss. It's weird to hope for AF, right?  After literally three years of trying, last month was the first time I was praying for AF to come soon.  Fingers crossed for your cycle to start soon.  I know it brought up another wave of sadness for me, but also great relief. 

@Elbug - GL avoiding 2WW psychosis!  I also vowed this and I'm failing miserably.  

xo to all the April Mommas
    ----
    37 years old, MH is 42

All welcome
  • @luciddreamer106, sorry for the mix-up. I must have assumed it was a funeral you were going back for. 71 years is really an incredible amount of time. Your poor grandma. She must be so lonely without him. It must be really hard for her to adjust to a life without him by her side.

CD3 is right around where I am! We are unofficial cycle buddies. We can stage a little sit-down with your ovaries if you need me to have "the talk" with them. Don't they know what we are trying to accomplish here?

@Bree2109 welcome. I will add you to our check-in list. I'm sorry for your loss but glad you've found us. Be sure to read through our blog! It's the very best and full of love and helpful info when it comes to all things TTCAL related.

Awesome pumpkin! That would take forever.

@libby+nate Welcome to April Mommas. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll get you added when I update my list. Don't be discouraged if it takes some time for your AF to make any sort of sense. We've all been there. It gets wonky after a loss. It seems more common than cycles staying "normal".

@rattlecanqueen- I'm so glad you've joined additional check-ins! Both of those are great and have awesome fearless leaders! :) It really is the best way to make friends and connect on a more personal level.

The guilt is a hard emotion to deal with. I still struggle with that myself. It's hard to separate feelings that you are replacing you lost LO and instead know if you want a child. It's a fine line and hard to balance. I know I'm not eloquently explaining this but I do know how you feel. ((Hugs)) and hang in there.

@mdarmetko- Great news about the negative! FX the cytotec works and does it's job and everything is removed. It's a hard process and extending it with lingering tissue can make things tough.

@Emma2370- ((hugs)) on a hard week. FX the weekend brings you some joy and relaxation. It's totally ok to complain. That is what we are here for giving and getting support. Honestly, a check-in is the most appropriate place to complain. We are each on tough roads right now so we can understand your pain and frustration.

@sunlavendar- Return of the sex drive sounds like a great win for the week! That's awesome. The waiting for AF game is hard. You will be excited for it to come but still so upset when it does because it means you are clearly not pg any longer. Just prepare yourself for mixed emotions. I cried I was so happy when mine started. I felt like I had been bleeding for so long that it would never stop. Then when it did I was just awaiting AF. It sounds like you are on the right track and your numbers should be dropping and down quickly.

@elbug- Wow what a time for you. How are you coping? keep your sights realistic and just know your body is different now. FX for you and here's hoping for a BFP! I'm so happy the song hasn't been bothering you as much. Hopefully soon you won't even notice it. It can be background music, or you can think soon that's going to be my baby that makes that ding.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• @poppy715 Another CB, fun! It seems like I'm cycling with a few ladies right now. It's like when you spend a lot of time with other females and your cycles all match up. It can work the same over the interwebs, right?! By chart stalking you, I know you O pretty regularly and I'll be triggering, so we'll probably be Oing around the same time.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• I hope its okay that I chime in here, I'm still pretty new to the board:

My EDD was 4/16/13, and I found out I had a MMC on 9/18 at my 10w Dr. appt. I had to undergo a D&C on 9/26. The past few weeks have had lots of ups and downs. I found out during my first pre-natal appt back in August that I was Rubella non-immune, so I thought I would do the responsible thing and get vaccinated at my physical last week. That's putting us back TTC at least another month because it's a live vaccine and we need to wait 28 days, but my Dr. suggested waiting 2 cycles (AF still hasn't arrived after my D&C). So that's super annoying, but I think its the right thing to do.

Then yesterday DH and I went to a genetics appointment and testing (again, due to results from my first appt. testing. I'm a carrier for Thymine-Uraciluria, and I wanted to have DH tested to see if he was also a carrier) and as if being in a OB/GYN waiting room isn't torture enough for a woman dealing with a loss, the first words out of the student intern's mouth were "congratulations!". Ugh. Seriously? Didn't they even read my chart before I went in there?

However, DH and I ran our first 5K together and had the most amazing weekend together last weekend. I've also been busy with work, which is keeping me occupied with other things. However, this week would have been the time we would have started telling people, which is tough to think about. Also, next week we have the first family gathering with DH's family since this happened, which I'm dreading since they all know about the miscarriage (because someone blabbed about the pregnancy and then we had to tell them all when we m/c'd). I am doing well emotionally most days, but whenever someones mentions the m/c I always cry.

Fun Question: DH and I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years, but the last time we did he was a priest and I was the devil. I'm enjoying reading about other costume ideas, though!

TTC Since July 2013
    BFP #1 8/8/13, EDD 4/16/14
    MMC discovered on 9/18/13 @ 10w, baby measuring 9w. D&C on 9/26/13

BFP #2 12/7/13
    , EDD 8/12/13. It's a girl!
    Caroline Marie born 8/20/14. 8lbs 11oz, 21 inches and perfect!

• Hello,

Physically I am doing pretty good. My energy is back and I am felling pretty good. Mentally I have my ups and downs. I sometimes have problems at work there are a lot of babies that come through my store. My libido makes me feel like a teenager again. I am finding it difficult to wait for my first AF. I did have my follow up appointment and the miscarriage was complete. I am trying to focus on getting things done in the house that I found difficult while pregnant, the deep cleaning and preparing the garden for winter...

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • I forgot to add my favorite Halloween costume was my evil Alice in Wonderland. I did this last year and I still haven't figured out what I am doing this year.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Hi all - sorry I've been MIA for a few days - I was out of town for a work conference and didn't have a lot of access or time.  @poppy715 thanks for keeping up with all of us.  FX for you on the job front!

Things here are good - slow but good. As of today my Hcg is finally below 5 so now I'm just waiting for cd1 so we can start trying again.
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
    05/31/1997: Married DH - Began TTC right away | 08/2002: Diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis
    10/05/2005: Adpoted DS - Funniest boy ever!
    09/2007: Ectopic with rupture - lost right tube | 09/2012: Ectopic - saved the left tube
    08/05/2013: BFP not ectopic | EDD: 4/22/2014 | 09/15/2013: Miscarried at home
    Underwent Gastric Bypass 01/06/2014 to help with PCOS and weight.  Lost 186 lbs - had to TTA for 1 year
    Burned the bench 01/20/15 - Medicated Cycle with Clomid and HCG trigger shot on 02/08/2015
    ++++ BFP 2/17/18 ++++  EDD 10/26/2015
    "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." ~ Romans 15:13 
  • Hello, just put my intro on the main page, but I've just been unbenched today!  I had a MMC in the beginning of Ocotober and a D&C.  My due date was April 25, 2014.  Wish I didn't have to be here, but glad I'm surrounded by such a strong support group.  Thank you ladies and sorry for your losses.  ( I say ladies, but are there any men???)

Me 34 DH 31, Together since 2003, Married August 20, 2011,  TTC since May 2013
    BFP #1 August 24, 2013! MMC discovered Oct. 3, 2013, D&C Oct. 4, 2013
    BFP #2 December 17, 2013! MMC discovered Jan. 28, 2014, D&C Jan. 30, 2014
    Testing done: male with complete Trisomy 16, not hereditary. Tested me for clotting disorders, all normal.
    Feb. 2014 all clear again to TTC!  Will start progesterone supplementation with the next BFP just in case.       Oct. 2014 more testing just because, thyroid and autoimmune panels = normal.  Diagnostic U/S = no abnormalities.  Will keep trying for 3-6 more months, doctor still optimistic!

BFP #3 December 11, 2014!  Beta #1 14DPO = 122.4 Beta #2 17DPO = 296.8 Please stick little one and be our Rainbow!

Perfect little heartbeat of 156 seen 1/7/15 :)

***Everybody Welcomed***  :)  

EDD 8/21/2015 Team Green!

IAmPregnant Tickerrainbows                

photo Multiple4_zps436a50cc.jpg photo April3_zps882432ab.jpg August 2 

August 2015 Siggy Challenge: Favorite mean girl from a movie or show:  Kathy Bates in "Misery"

• dajhughes said:
    Hi all - sorry I've been MIA for a few days - I was out of town for a work conference and didn't have a lot of access or time.  @poppy715 thanks for keeping up with all of us.  FX for you on the job front!

Things here are good - slow but good. As of today my Hcg is finally below 5 so now I'm just waiting for cd1 so we can start trying again.
    No worries! Just check in with us when you can. Congrats on the hcg being below 5. Sending AF vibes your way.
    Hello, just put my intro on the main page, but I've just been unbenched today!  I had a MMC in the beginning of Ocotober and a D&C.  My due date was April 25, 2014.  Wish I didn't have to be here, but glad I'm surrounded by such a strong support group.  Thank you ladies and sorry for your losses.  ( I say ladies, but are there any men???)
    Welcome, sorry again for your loss. I'll add you to our check in list when I update and post this week's check in. The group is crazy supportive and as you will see through this check in we have tons of new ladies who have just joined. A great time to make a wonderful core group for support! If you haven't yet please please read our blog. It is the shit!

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"