3rd Trimester

NBR (sort of): FB Picture Sharing

So this morning my MIL shared a picture I had posted onto her own wall, which I wish she hadn't but is besides the point. I tried to google and play with my privacy settings to see if there is a way to prevent my pictures from being shared and couldn't find anything. Then it occurred to me that anyone could then share LO's pics with people I don't know online. Has anyone found a way around this? If I can't, I won't be sharing pictures of her on FB! 

From what I understand, adding viewing restrictions still doesn't take away the share option.

Re: NBR (sort of): FB Picture Sharing

• I have no idea but I had a few pictures of my niece up that someone shared.  My sisters psycho step MIL somehow found them on another page and then uploaded them to her own facebook.  Freaking scary!
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • I have been trying to find a setting for this as well. I SWEAR when I first joined FB this was an option, but now I cannot find it. I am very picky who I let on my friend's list though so anyone should know better.  At least I can see when something of mine gets shared, but still! I should be able to be in control of it.

My 2 December boys

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think there is which is why I've been hesitant about what to do about LO and pics on fb. Someone had suggested creating a private group and only allowing people you trust to join.

• Jen4033 said:
    I have been trying to find a setting for this as well. I SWEAR when I first joined FB this was an option, but now I cannot find it. I am very picky who I let on my friend's list though so anyone should know better.  At least I can see when something of mine gets shared, but still! I should be able to be in control of it.
    agreed.  My MIL shared a pic once and ended up accidentally sharing every single photo I've ever uploaded from my phone to FB.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I googled and couldn't find any way around it. I don't think I'll be posting pics of the LO if I can't control who shares them. All I can think of is the nut job that stole another user's LO's picture and tried to post it as her own a few weeks ago. 
  • I don't think you can prevent sharing, but you can delete the pic if someone shares it. I've had to do that once. It deletes the photo from your page as well as the person that shared it.
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • That bites. I know your feeling. My aunt took it upon herself to download bump pictures of me, make them into postcards, and send them to a family member who is in prison at the moment. So now a picture of me is on display at a prison with a family member who I have been estranged from for a while. 
  • We don't post any photos of DD.  It makes me too nervous. 
    Here is a good article about why posting photos of your children isn't a good idea. 
    https://www.slate.com/articles/technology/data_mine_1/2013/09/facebook_privacy_and_kids_don_t_post_photos_of_your_kids_online.html
  • Plus even if you have a setting to prevent sharing, that doesn't keep anyone from taking a screen shot and then sharing wherever they want!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"