Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Would you feed an 8 almost 9 month old goldfish crackers?

DS is only 7.5 months, so maybe I just don't remember 9 months but are goldfish crackers kind of complex for a baby?

Does anyone else feed them to their kidlet?

Re: Would you feed an 8 almost 9 month old goldfish crackers?

• I bought some for ds tonight. I figure if he can manage puffs, cheerios and graham crackers, he can manage a goldfish. We'll see how it goes.

ETA: He would not have been able to handle them at 9 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't yet, but we also didn't start dairy until 9mo.
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you talking about the kind specifically for babies? Tallen tried those last week but he was nonplussed.  I like them though!  ;-)
  • I wouldn't.  I would be worried that they might choke.

Well...maybe the mini fish.

• hmmm, I would be leery. Only because my friend has a story with her first baby. She gave her a goldfish when she was like 8 months or something and she choked on it. It scared her and her DH to death. They had to hit her back and it came flying out. She didn't give her DD goldfish again until she was like 2
  • I give DS the mini ones and started at 8 months.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • I think it depends on the baby. My older twins were on all table foods at 8 mo old and ate like champs. These two didn't really eat table foods until 10 mo old. They haven't had goldfish yet, but they can eat pretty much anything at this point. They could physically eat them, I just try to limit their empty carbs... and since they ADORE Puffs, that is their empty carb quota most days. Except days when I let them eat scones, mall pretzels, and some of my older DD's cinnamon roll ;)
  • I just tried them today with DS.  I bit off half and gave him the other half.  He loved them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"