TTC after 35
Options

Period after DNC (may be graphic)

edited October 2013 in TTC after 35
Some of you know I recently had a DNC - 10/10 to be exact. I had spotting the next 2 days, then nothing. Felt fine, little cramping a hotpad didn't help or the Percocet, lol.

This evening, while getting ready for bed, I went to the r/r as usual and there was blood. Period kind of blood, nothing old looking like it may have been left over from the surgery. It was way more than the spotting combined from surgery, too. Red, normal looking.

I was told 2-6 would be when Flo returned. Could it be possible it's my period? I am not having any adverse feelings like this may be a problem from surgery, yet don't want to get my hopes up that I'm getting back to normal so soon, either. Any thoughts?

Re: Period after DNC (may be graphic)

• Options
    I think you can bleed on and off for the first few weeks after DNC. My MC was natural and I spotted and bled for over 2 weeks.
    If you aren't soaking a pad in an hour and there is no pain or odor( infection) I wouldn't worry about it.
    If it is really worrying you you could always just give your doctor a call.
    So sorry for your loss.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Agreed with PP, I think it's way too early for your period. It took me 5 weeks to get my period after D&C.  Maybe you should call your doctor just to make sure. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss! I had a d&c in April and bled on and off for 2 weeks. My period came back after 5 weeks.
  • Options
    Thank you for the info, everyone. My finding out and procedure were withinh 18 hours of each other and I won't have my "follow up" until 11/5, that also doubles as my fertility appt, as well.

Only spotting since last night. I've had a DNC befor in 2005, but don't remember anything from back then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"