TTC after 35
Options

Ayurveda, TCM, herbs, etc

Yes, it's me asking the strange things again.

I've incorporated Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and other herbs/supplements in my quest for fertility. I also just finished some reading on Ayurveda (Indian medicine).

In addition to other herbs and herb mixtures are foods to eat and not to eat. Drinking ghee is part of something I read. I love butter so I don't think that would be a problem, and trust me, I know some of it may seem crazy, but I think I'm willing to try a week of rice and lentil with mango buttermilk. I'm curious when and where I draw the line.

So, I gotta ask - anyone else edging past the boundaries of Western Medicine in their quest?

Re: Ayurveda, TCM, herbs, etc

• Options

I think from some of my other posts you can tell I do. I beleive healthcare should be more integrated between the east and west traditions. I absolutely believe in the Western Medicine, i also believe that I don't need a pill or to be cut to solve things, herbs, food, exercise, body work, energy work are all very vital to creating healthy lifestyle.

I think drawing the line is a personal choice. I think yuo draw the line at extremes and use common sense, when a remedy says eat only celery for 4 weeks....well lets face it, celery has great fiber and water but too much of anything is harmful, everything in moderation.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    I absolutely believe in eastern medicine (I am Chinese and grow up with it).  A lot of eastern medicine does take a longer time to see effect.  In other words, not  a quick fix.  Also, if you are trying eastern/herbal medicine and taking western ferility drug, make sure you talk to your doctor.  In general, you shouldn't mix them. 
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"