Austin Babies
Options

too much juice or teething?

Clara is cutting her canine teeth (is that what they're called?) AND discovered a juice box today. ?Don't know which it was (or a combination of everything today), but she ran up to me while I was making dinner, screaming "dirty, dirty!". ?She had a diaper explosion that went down her pants, in her shoes, and all across the living room floor as she ran to the kitchen. ?Poor girl. ?Needless to say, dinner was postponed. ?Definitely going to lay off the juice tomorrow--hopefully this is just teething ;(

Re: too much juice or teething?

• Options
    No advice, but I just wanted to say poor thing! That is a dirty diaper! Hopefully it wasn't too much of a pain to clean up!
  • Options

oh no! poosplosions are the worst.

I did laugh, though, when I opened my email just now and saw 9 ways to ease toddler constipation. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    well, I hope its just one of the 2 of those choices.  I've heard the stomach flu is going around (not around here thankgodknockonwood), so I *really* hope Clara doesn't have something like that!
    imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Options

Teething may cause "loose" stools from extra saliva but would most likely not cause what you're describing. No more than 4oz of juice per day for any toddler due to tooth decay and the need to leave room for more nutritious foods. Abby's pedi recommends no juice, ever, for any young child. It doesn't fill any need in their diet except maybe water, and for that it adds sugar, plus calories they should be getting from more complete sources.

If she drank a bunch of juice for the first time, absolutely that can cause a blowout! But there are also a lot of bugs going around right now and a lot of kids catch them at the holidays from family members.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hope it's not the stomach flu! ?I will definitely keep an eye on her though now that you say it's going around. ?Luckily she has no other symptoms, and she's always had crazy runny poop with teething, so I'm hoping it's that :( ??
  • Options

Abby's pedi recommends no juice, ever, for any young child.

?Oh, I head you Taytee! ?I rarely give juice to even Julian, and he's almost 4. ?But you'd be amazed how the second child can get into anything the 1st child leaves around the house.....?He puts it down for one second, and she's swooped down on it. ?Makes me realize how easy it was with just one to keep things under control!

• Options

I know what you mean. I just saw my drivers license about 5 minutes ago and now I can't find it. Seriously, I've looked everywhere including the trash and I have no idea what she's done with it!

*Update: It's IN my wallet. That's pretty funny because that's what I told her to do with it when I saw her playing with it, I just didn't think she'd actually DO it! I guess it's true about toddlers understanding more than they let on!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wallace is already cutting his canines too. ?(Also called cuspids and "eye teeth".) He's had a few similar type diapers in the last few days so we've cut out juice and carrots completely and have been giving him bananas to "firm" up the poops. He didn't get much juice anyway since I only used it as a stool softener for him. ?And it was always diluted. ?But right now, any little thing might trigger loose stools. ??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"