October 2013 Moms

Retaining Water after C section

My c section was on Thursday 10/10 and since then my legs (toes to hips) have been insanely swollen. I've been at the hospital since yesterday and was told repeatedly that its normal and can take up to 3wks to clear. I literally look pregnant still -'my entire body is swollen and my legs look like tree trunks. I'm drinking tons of water and getting up to promote blood circulation as much as I can and I see very little difference.

Has this happened to anyone? What did you do to get rid of it?

I'm in a wedding in 3wks and seriously need this to go away ASAP.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Retaining Water after C section

• Mine went away after 7 days. Drink water and walk. It's freaky, I know. I called my feet the Klump feet (from nutty professor).
    CafeMom Tickers
  • StefMurph said:

Mine went away after 7 days. Drink water and walk. It's freaky, I know. I called my feet the Klump feet (from nutty professor).

@StefMurph : Lol - that is exactly what I call mine!
    Were you also constipated? I'm just now starting to pass bowels and I'm hoping this may help things get moving and back to normal faster.

Ps. I love how no one warns you this could happen.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was also very swollen for about a week. It will go down, just takes time. Drink water, walk, and elevate feet as much as possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My swelling took about a week to clear as well. I didn't do anything special - drank as much as possible, tried to ambulate. I was recovering from a c-section as well as a procedure (nephrostomy tube) which made things a little more complicated.
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am lurking from November 13, but I had a C-section 11 days ago and I have made sure to walk everyday, watch my salt intake and drink water with lemon added to it (I didn't read the responses so this may have been suggested).  For some reason the lemon helps.  My swelling has gone down a lot over the last day, so hopefully you will be good to go before the wedding.

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• I am 8 days post c section and I am the exact same way. I was told it'd get worse before it got better and it'd take a couple weeks to go away. I am still waiting.
  • It's very normal. I had a vaginal delivery and my entire legs and feet were so swollen I couldn't believe my eyes! It started to go away about 12-14 days pp.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My dr prescribed stool softeners. My last meal was on a Thursday night. I delivered Friday night. I took a glorious bm on Tuesday. It did not hurt, but there was some discomfort...just like urinating the first few times.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • I had my c-section on the 7th. I didn't have swelling until the 10th, and my feet and legs are still swollen.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Csection on the 4th and still swollen. Was told it would get worse before it got better. Was told I should see improvement about 2 weeks post birth. Hydrate, walk and rest.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"