May 2013 Moms

Babies don't make sense....

Boo0512Boo0512 member
edited October 2013 in May 2013 Moms
...that probably doesn't come as a shock to any of you but seriously!

DD used to be a really good sleeper until about about a month ago. Since then she has been extremely difficult to put down for the night and wakes up in the MOTN several nights a week.

So I had been trying to get her to sleep for the last 2.5 hours. I'd hold her for about 10 mins after I knew she was out then I would very slowly try to lay her down but as soon as she touched the mattress, she started bawling. I did this about 5 times and then I tried something that had worked about a month ago.

The boppy spatula. What the hell is the boppy spatula you ask? Picture me (although you don't know what I look like) with a baby lying on a bobby pillow on her side, dead asleep. Then picture me slowly standing up with the boppy and baby still asleep on her side. Picture me slowly placing the baby still on the boppy into the crib and carefully trying to wiggle the boppy out from underneath the baby.

Picture the baby sliding off the boppy and face planting into the crib mattress and staying sound asleep. W.T.F.

Babies are weird.

Edited for spelling

Re: Babies don't make sense....

• Wow I think I should go to bed, when I first read it I thought you said booby spatula. Hopefully your method continues to work. Thats the great thing about us moms we figure out what works and we go with it.
    imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • I literally laughed out loud trying to picture your sweet girl face panting into her bed sound asleep... mostly because J did almost the exact same thing!!!! I tried putting him in his bed 3 times and each time he flopped onto his back and smiled right at me! The last time, I accidentally let his head hit the mattress just a little harder than normal, but the kid stayed asleep!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Wow I think I should go to bed, when I first read it I thought you said booby spatula. Hopefully your method continues to work. Thats the great thing about us moms we figure out what works and we go with it.

That's probably because I wrote bobby twice ::face palms:: I is tired.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"