Intro and Q. Long — The Bump
Food Allergy

Intro and Q. Long

Hi! I have been lurking on this board for a little bit and have been researching for the past couple of months, but I am kind of at a loss. I have a 4 month old daughter who I think might have CMPI, but I'm not sure. She was originally breastfed for the first month, during this time she always had green watery stools... however I had an oversupply and so that was probably due to a hindmilk/foremilk imbalance. Anyway due to several other various issues with breastfeeding I had to stop and put my daughter on formula. Once she was on formula her stools weren't watery, but still too runny for normal formula poo and they remained dark green( I know dark green poo could be due to the iron in her formula). She developed a red ring around her rectum, that wouldn't clear up with ointment. ( read online that could be a cause from cmpi) she still has the red ring.

She developed extremely dry skin, but it never got red so I'm not sure if it was eczema or not. we finally got that cleared up with a change in baby wash and with the use of coconut oil and eczema cream. She has always been a restless sleeper and a terrible napper. She gets the hiccups all the time and sneezes a lot. Has cradle cap that won't go away. She is difficult to feed too. She hardly ever takes the same amount of formula each time. Her gas is excessive and foul smelling. It disrupts her sleep sometimes. She also has silent reflux and spits up.

I have asked my doctor (she's not a pedi) about the possibility of DD having CMPI, but my doctor doesn't think she has it because she is gaining weight. DD is in the 25th percentile for weight and the 93rd for height. My doctor won't let me put her on a hypoallergenic formula because she says they have extra calories and are for babies who aren't gaining weight. She said I could try switching her to soy. So that's what we are in the process of doing now.

I know there are lots of things that DD is experiencing that could just be things that she will out grow like spitting up and reflux, but the one thing that keeps bugging me is the red ring around her rectum and the feeding issues. I feel so frustrated because I don't know for sure if DD had CMPI or not.

Sorry this is super long. I just wanted to explain it all so maybe someone can help. So my question is does this sound like CMPI?  TIA!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards