Health & Exercise

MyFitnessPal...??

Anyone use it? I'm weaning from EPing so I'm not concerned about supply, etc. Is it just me or do they not want you to eat anything? The calorie goals seem low to me. Thoughts or suggestions?

Re: MyFitnessPal...??

• I use my fitnesspal.

I think it seems that way at first, but not after you get used to it--especially if you add back in calories for working out. I did the 1200 calorie a day plan...I was supposed to lose 2 pounds a week on it.  When I really followed it strictly, my loss was more like 1 to 1.5 pounds a week, but I did lose.

I'm pregnant now (8 weeks) and have upped my calories to the 0.5 pounds a week weight loss mark which is about 1800-1900 calories a day.  I tried the 1 pound weight loss per week mark (which was about 1580 calories per day), but found I was frequently going over because I was just too hungry.  Really, the 0.5 is more what I need just to maintain.  I feel confident that if I go up to maintenance (~2100 calories) I will gain and gain rapidly.  I've already gained ~2 pounds...although some or all of that may be water/excess fluid.  

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I don't have a ton to lose. I gained 20 lbs with Ds2 and that was off within a few weeks. I need to tone up the most.

We don't eat "diet" or "light" foods. Our house is mostly whole foods so maybe that's why. I know my friend tried to track after switching to whole foods and actually lost more after she quit counting calories.

• Loading the player...
  • Hi Blondie42107, 

When you use things like fitness pal, it is a generic formula utilized to determine weight loss and caloric counts. I work in medical fitness and wellness and have worked with many moms trying to lose weight post baby.  The biggest challenge is to get them to eat whole foods.  If you have more fruits and vegetables, no processed foods and limit the amount of dairy, soy, caffeine, sugar and alcohol, your bodies system can adjust without any synthetics interfering with your normal hormone responses.  I know, whenever I tell people to skip the dairy and soy they freak out a little bit, however, our bodies do not need dairy.  The calcium provided by Kale, spinach, broccoli and other vegetables is more nutrient dense and more effective in the body than dairy.  Our bodies have trouble breaking down the dairy and then can not focus on other functions.  Soy is not a great choice because 90 % of it is genetically engineered or modified and has been shown to be carcinogenic.  If you eat whole, organic foods with the least amount of sugar and processed products you will not just lose weight, but you will be extremely healthy and healthy for your baby.  
    Here is an example of a typical food day:
    breakfast:  3 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, half an avocado, 1 cup sauteed broccoli, 1 cup blueberries
    snack:  1 cup frozen mango, 1 cup frozen pineapple half a banana, 1 tbspn organic peanut butter no salt 1 cup coconut or almond milk, blend in blender add water for consistency and enjoy the smoothie:  you can add kale or spinach if you have a blender that can pulverize them
    lunch:  1 chicken breast, 1 cup string beans with almonds and currants, 1 sweet potato with 1 pat of pasture butter, preferably organic
    dinner:  6 ounces fish, 1 cup or more of green veggies, 1 cup butter nut squash roasted, half an avocado or cook with coconut oil
    snack:  frozen bananas with dark chocolate "ice cream", or apple with peanut butter (ingredients should say just peanuts)

Drink plenty of water plain or with lemon, lime, strawberry infusions even kiwi is delicious

Taking out anything we don't grow, pick from a tree or kill helps your bodies hormones come back to homeostatis and keeps you healthier.  

There are great recipes on Paleo eating websites for root vegetables and side dishes, I don't recommend so much bacon and meat eating, but the vegetable part is great.  

I hope this helps.  Once you get used to eating clean it gets very easy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We already pretty much eat that way so that's not the problem. I was questioning the calories goals for MyFitnessPal.

• Heck yes, their calories are way too low!!!! 

I am still EBF, so I am eating 2200 calories a day, and still losing. I was playing around with different calorie calculators online. I feel like they recommend 1200 calories for everyone regardless of height and activity level. I like it as an app for tracking, but not for a calorie calculator. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"