Minnesota Babies

any St.Paul moms deliver at United or st.joes?

I really wanted to deliver at regions as most of the people i know have gone there and been very happy however i love my doctor an she does not deliver there so i am trying to decided if i should go to united or St.Joes. any one have any opinions that may help me out?

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: any St.Paul moms deliver at United or st.joes?

• MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    edited October 2013

If you want to deliver at Regions, deliver at Regions!  The chances of your actual doctor being at any of the above hospitals is pretty slim at your actual time of L&D no matter where you deliver. 

IMO, of those two, United would likely be my choice since they're hooked up with Children's so if there are any issues the NICU and PICU are right there.  Having spent DS' first week in the PICU there, I can say that at least the food is good and the staff was great in making sure I was also taken care of for PP needs(because literally, I had checked out of Regions with DS the night before he ended up in the PICU there)...  The staff that took care of DS were wonderful too (after a few bumps in the road regarding non-care related issues)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks ladies!

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I also had to choose between United and St. Joes. I toured both places and went with St. Joe's. If I had any higher risks with my pregnancy, I would have went with United. United felt too busy and clinical to me. My experience with St. Joe's was great and I am so happy I went with that choice. All of my nurses were great.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• United. Loved it.

• I had my both of my kids via c section at united. They were great! Loved my experience there :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I delivered at United and LOVED it!! I had a very healthy pregnancy but during labor got an infection and for that reason I'm so glad we were right across the hall from children's b/c my son needed to be in the NICU. I knew I wanted to deliver at united or Abbott b/c they are both connected to a Children's.
  • I delivered in early October at Saint Joes and the nurses there are the best ! I really enjoyed my five day stay there and I can't think of anything bad to say!!!!!
  • thanks for the advice ladies i have decided on st. Joes after touring the hospital. i am doing a natural birth and really enjoyed their knowledge and support for natural births.

imageimageimage

• I picked United because Children's has the best full-service NICU in the state, and the most high-risk babies get transferred to the Children's system (including those at Woodwinds and Regions). Since I have a high-risk twin pregnancy, we figured that would be best.
  • I delivered at St. John's. But your two were on my list too!

Personal attention chose st joes as its smaller.

Possible risky delivery chose united as childrens is next door.

If it were me I would chose united for many other reasons.

One thing people fail to check. How many pending lawsuits within the birthing/delivery/maternity ward does the hospital currently have? When I investigated two years ago St Joes was pretty high. I wanted a water birth so st Joe was first until I started educating myself on the hospitals.

Best of luck!
  • Mich411 said:
    I delivered at St. John's. But your two were on my list too! Personal attention chose st joes as its smaller. Possible risky delivery chose united as childrens is next door. If it were me I would chose united for many other reasons. One thing people fail to check. How many pending lawsuits within the birthing/delivery/maternity ward does the hospital currently have? When I investigated two years ago St Joes was pretty high. I wanted a water birth so st Joe was first until I started educating myself on the hospitals. Best of luck!
    Thanks for the info. i am not with the healtheast midwives so its between st.joes and woodwinds but i am doing my research! thanks! St. Johns is too far or i would consider it.

imageimageimage

• I have heard good things about woodwind a too!
  • NurseKMMNurseKMM member
    edited December 2013
    Mich411 said:

I have heard good things about woodwind a too!

I have not heard good things about woodwinds.

I know OP chose joe's but, if anyone is considering, I just delivered at united on 12/5. L&D staff was fantastic, postpartum was wonderful too. The rooms are in need of an update, which we learned will be happening soon. I had a normal pregnancy and delivery, but it was nice having peace of mind that if something was happen with my son, access to Children's was literally across the hall.

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Dream celeb baby daddy- Prince Harry
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"