July 2013 Moms
Options

What happened to my great sleeper?!

I knew it couldn't last forever.  El has gone from sleeping 10 hours straight, to waking up during the night again.  The past 5 nights she has gotten up at least once to eat.  Last night she was up at 2 am and again at 5:30 am to eat.  She will go back to sleep after but she's so restless.  It almost looks like she's having a bad dream or something.  She starts rustling and kicking her legs hard and whining in her sleep.  We get her up, change her, feed her, and everything.  I have heard that babies tend to go through a sleep regression phase around 4 months, but she is only 3 months.  Is anyone else going through a sleep regression?

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

Re: What happened to my great sleeper?!

• Options
    Her sleeping habits are likely to fluctuate quite a bit until she's a toddler. It may be sleep regression, a growth spurt, gassiness, or a number of other things. FX she goes back to STTN soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My LO slept at least 6-7 hours all last week... until last night. He was restless all night and woke up every 1.5 hours. He'll be 11 weeks on Wednesday.

I hope they go back to sleeping well, I'm tired.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Mamasighs- That's very true.  I did expect her to go through sleep phases.  I had to remind my H that this is normal.  He expected she would just keep STTN.  He was worried something was wrong with her.  I know nothing is wrong.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    Mamasighs said:
    Just wanted to add another thing. There are many babies on this board who sleep exceptionally well. IRL friends and family with babies don't truly sttn for quite awhile. I expect E to get up during the night until around 8 months or so. I also expect she won't nap on any kind of a pedictable schedule until probably after 6 months. It's really difficult to read about babies sleeping 10-12 hours a night on a regular basis, and while that's awesome and like winning the lottery, it's not the norm.

This is so true.  DD was a decent sleeper from 7 weeks to 3.5 months, then she was rolling over in her sleep waking herself up... from that point forward we'd have some nights of good sleep but far more of crappy sleep. 

DS is a great sleeper right now, but he has gone from 8 - 9 hr stretches to getting up once in the middle again, I figure, par for the course, he goes back down well and that's enough for me. 

DD was a GREAT napper, always on schedule from 5 weeks until now... that's right she never deviated from her nap schedule, it's changed sure from 3 - 4 good naps to 2 naps, to now she just takes one, but it's the same time nearly every day, and has been. 

DS... horrible napper, 20 minutes here 20 minutes there, maybe one good hour nap at some point during the day... he kind of does his own thing, but it doesn't effect him to not nap as long in the same way it did DD... she would be over tired and fussy, he's a peach. So, every baby is different, and what works for one doesn't for another.

I hope you get your good sleeper back soon!!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm going through the same this!! I was getting 7 hour stretches now its like 3-4 hours. I'm guessing its either a growth spurt or the dreaded sleep regression!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • Options
    Yep, LO has been totally unpredictible in the last week. Mostly waking up once at 4 or 5 am, once she woke up twice, and one she sttn. We were OOT so I'm sure that's the problem. I hope she gets back on track.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This week has been a struggle for us too, she has had a couple of nights where she has slept through, but last night was awful, up about every 1.5 hours. She has her shots today so I'm a little Leary how that will go..... I don't know if we are in a growth spur or what, but I'm tired......

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mamasighs said:

Just wanted to add another thing. There are many babies on this board who sleep exceptionally well. IRL friends and family with babies don't truly sttn for quite awhile. I expect E to get up during the night until around 8 months or so. I also expect she won't nap on any kind of a pedictable schedule until probably after 6 months.

It's really difficult to read about babies sleeping 10-12 hours a night on a regular basis, and while that's awesome and like winning the lottery, it's not the norm.

Thank you for posting this. As a FTM I've felt like I'm somehow failing DS because he still wakes up around 3 times...goes down between 7-8 and is up pretty much every 3 hours. I just want out of this sleep prison and to get to this mythical 8 hours of sleep phase. Even 5 would be a treat. Its nice to be reminded I'm not alone.
  • Options
    I could have written your post word for word! DS was sleeping at least 8 if not 10 hours a night and like 3 or 4 nights in the past week and a half he has randomly woken up MOTN, usually around 2am. Last night he was up from 2am to 4am and he has never been one that is hard to put down, he will even usually put himself to sleep if I lay him down awake but he wouldn't go to sleep for anything/: He is 11 weeks..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yep, DD is 12 weeks on Friday and she's gone from 5-6 hour stretches to 1.5-2 hour stretches. When she wakes up she doesn't seem to want anything (not even to eat). I just leave her where she is unless she really starts fussing or crying. She seems happy enough to kick her legs and entertain herself and I'm happy to stay laying where I am, half awake instead of fully awake. 

I dont' know what it is, but I hope it's over soon. 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Options
    Her sleeping habits are likely to fluctuate quite a bit until she's a toddler. It may be sleep regression, a growth spurt, gassiness, or a number of other things. FX she goes back to STTN soon!
    Just wanted to add another thing. There are many babies on this board who sleep exceptionally well. IRL friends and family with babies don't truly sttn for quite awhile. I expect E to get up during the night until around 8 months or so. I also expect she won't nap on any kind of a pedictable schedule until probably after 6 months. It's really difficult to read about babies sleeping 10-12 hours a night on a regular basis, and while that's awesome and like winning the lottery, it's not the norm.

Agree with both of these sentiments. Sleep weirdness will be a regular thing for the average baby until at least 2 or 3 years of age. Hang in there!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    Also, on the whole that is why I try to be lenient with folks that really want to sleep train before 6 months. However, the main reason that I would discourage any kind of trying to get into a routine before about 6 months is that it all tends to go to hell around 4 months. Its a lot of work to have it all undone like this. Its one of those lessons that is trial by fire though. 

Sleep stuff is a real PITA. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"