May 2012 Moms
Options

Car seat neck support?

When DD falls asleep in the car seat her head is always flopping forward or to the side and it looks SO uncomfortable. It bothers me just going short distances, but this weekend we'll be driving 4 hours to see family for Thanksgiving and I don't want her to get a sore neck. Has anybody found a good quality neck support to add to the car seat to prevent this? I was thinking something like this

But I don't know if it will solve the problem of her head rolling forward, or if she can just pull it out from behind her head and throw it. Anybody use something they would recommend?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Car seat neck support?

• Options
    My SIL used one with my niece for long car rides. It looked like a mini version of an adult neck pillow. My niece hated it being put around the back of her neck, so they put it around the front once she was asleep. It worked great.
    We are going on 9 hour car ride in a little over a week. If you get the one in the pic let me know how it works. It looks flatter in the back and much more comfortable for lo.
  • Options
    I never really thought about it but it sounds like something DD needs. Especially since we will be going on a really long car ride in February. Let us know what you end up getting and how you liked it. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have the padded straps that strap on to the harness and they do no prevent DD's head from rolling forward. Yesterday we had a 2 hour car trip and I tried so many things to keep her head from going forward and I was unsuccessful until DH suggested to put a blanket under her neck. It worked like a charm!

So I second @selokar's suggestion of a mini neck pillow (or something similar) around the front of her neck. I'd wait for LO to fall asleep first and then sneak it in.

Good luck.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    All of these are NOT recommended since they are aftermarket and can effect how the car seat works! Honestly kids have flexible necks it bothers you not her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

@selockar that's a good idea about putting the regular neck pillow in front. I haven't found one I like yet that I think will work the way I want. @MrsH11710 I tried rolling blankets and putting them at the side of her head but they never stay there, even if she is asleep. That's a good trick to put one under her neck, I don't know why I never considered that!

I would just order the one in the picture, but it won't be here in time for Thanksgiving when I'd actually need it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"