Washington Babies

I'm so mad at the pediatrician's lab

For the second time since Nathan was born they have not run a test the doctor ordered.  I really do not want to subject him to another blood draw, especially not while he's still bruised from the last one. But I have to do it today or tomorrow or it'll go towards the 2009 deductible and I want to put that off for as long as possible; I just paid 2008's!

But regardless of that, how can they just forget to do a test? Twice? I am one unhappy mommy. I think from now on I'm taking him to Children's for his lab work.

Re: I'm so mad at the pediatrician's lab

• Why are they doing a draw? Childrens costs way more but is so worth it. Liam at that age had to get drawn every couple of weeks sometimes more. When we finally took him to Childrens they just pricked his heel and got what they needed from that for about a year and they were awesome. So quick. He has a thyroid disorder that needs to be closely monitored that's why we had it done so much.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry! I would be giving that place a piece of my mind. Why does he get his blood drawn?
  • Loading the player...
  • He had some calcium level issues when he was born. this was just a recheck.  I spoke with the lab manager and he acknowledged their error and has noted our file that we are not to be billed for the next test--whether we do it in 2008 or 2009.
  • I know that with our insurance anything applied to your deductible from Oct/Nov/Dec will carry over to the next year. Not that helps with your little man having to get his blood drawn again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Never heard of insurance that does that!  He met his deductible on his birthday. And the co-insurance limit too. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"