June 2013 Moms

Trying not to freak out

So I just woke up for a MOTN feeding to find a text from our sitter (my sister) canceling for today. In less then 10 hours my H and I are both in a wedding and my 3 year old is the flower girl. My sister was supposed to guide her down the aisle and then take both kids into the reception hall duing the ceremony.

Now I have no idea what to do and I'm trying so hard not to freak out. I have no one to hold the baby for the ceremony and I have no idea how to keep my DD content for a 30 min ceremony since both H and I will be standing up front. And of course the wedding is a destination wedding so we're more then 2 hours from home and there is no way to get anyone else here in time
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Trying not to freak out

• Do you have any friends/family that are also going to have little kids there? Maybe you could make a deal where they watch yours during the ceremony and then you watch theirs for a part of the reception? Just a thought.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wish! Only other people we know that will be there are my best friend and her husband and they are both in the wedding as well. The wedding is in the bride and groom's hometown and they only moved to our city about a year ago so not many people traveled down for the wedding
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Can you bring a bottle and have like a sweet aunt of the bride (within eyesight) hold her during the ceremony?
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Yikes... Yes maybe a trusted member of the bride or grooms family can help? Why did sis cancel?

image image

• She has the flu. So totally understandable she can't make it and I don't want the germs around the kids but still sucks! I'm definitely going to pump a bottle and just carry LO around in his little suit and hope his cuteness just overwhelms someone!
  • Maybe bride or groom's grandma? They would be right in the front so you could see the kids.

Heck, we went to a garage sale two weeks ago and I had to fight the Grandmas off. They were SO ready to hold a baby.
  • I was going to say call your mom and tattle on your sister, buuuuut since she's really sick that won't work. Just try not to freak out too much. I'm sure there with be someone there that can hold her and wrangle the other one. If not, it will be an interesting ceremony. Juuuust kidding. Have a great day and try to enjoy the festivities.
  • Is your sister working on finding a replacement too? I'm sorry you have to go through this on such a busy day!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That really sucks. My best guess is that there will be someone at the wedding who LOVES babies and will be totally willing to hold your LO during the ceremony. That was me before I had my little guy (technically still is but now I have to hold him but I'd prob make DH hold him so I could hold your baby). Anyway, good luck, but don't stress too much. In any crowd, there is usually someone who loves babies.
  • jlml2008jlml2008 member
    edited October 2013
    @carolynL8 It went ok...Levi fell asleep about 20mins before the ceremony so he sat in his car seat at the end of the front aisle sound asleep. DD struggled with not having someone to direct her though and walked slowly down the aisle sobbing. She made it about halfway before sitting down mid aisle crying for daddy. He walked back down the aisle and grabbed her and just held her during the ceremony. Luckily she is 3 so everyone just thought her crying was adorable. All in all not a total disaster!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"