Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

So...here I am

Hey everyone.  I'm joining you all from the May '14 board with a former edd of May 4th. 
I was diagnosed with a severe SCH pretty early on at 6 weeks, but had a healthy heartbeat at that ultrasound and for 2 following it.  I was put on bed rest due to the severity of the SCH. 
On Tuesday evening I started having cramps that increased in severity into Wednesday evening.  By late Wednesday I was certain I was having contractions and couldn't hold in the screams from the pain.  We ended up at the hospital where I passed what I assume to have been the sac (it was kind of..well bloody and I didn't get a good look at it) before they took me back for my 4th ultrasound.  There was no baby left in there.  So sometime between 8 weeks and 3 days and 9 weeks and 3 days the baby either died or the SCH contributed to it's passing.  I guess I'll never know.
I passed more fetal tissue in the hospital and was given a dose of cytotec.  I was sent home and told that I shouldn't have too much more tissue to pass but would likely still bleed for a bit, but probably not much.
Well yesterday passed fairly uneventfully and pain free, at least physically.
However, this evening I'm definitely having cramping and contraction like pains again.  I'm wondering if that's the dose of cytotec doing it's job?  I don't know if anyone here would know or not, but I thought I'd ask.  If it is, I'm hoping whatever my body is trying to pass will pass quickly.  My husband is working his way through the healing process, or trying to, but I feel like I can't move on from the first step until the pain and bleeding actually stops.
He's willing to try again as soon as we are given the go ahead.  I, however, am likely to need therapy after this. 

We met in middle school. We got married 15 years later in a February blizzard of 2010. 
TTC since February 2010
Diagnosed with Lyme Disease June 2010 Diagnosed with PCOS March 2011 Diagnosed with Celiac Disease January 2013
BFP #1: August 25th 2013 EDD May 4th 2014 SCH MC October 3rd 2013
BFP #2: February 14th 2014 EDD October 25th 2014 CP February 17th 2014

Naked push-up foreplay pioneer

Re: So...here I am

• Options
    I have no advice, but wanted to offer (((((hugs))))). I was a May momma as well. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss and the fact that you had a SCH early on. It sucks the joy out of a pregnancy. I have no advice on passing, but please take care of yourself and seek therapy if you need to. This is a devastating and traumatic time for you and your husband. I hope you find support on this board and sorry you are joining us.

BFP 5.19.13 EDD 1.18.14 M/C at 16 weeks 
    We will hold you in our hearts until we can hold you in our arms in Heaven.
    BFP #2 12.28.14 EDD 8.26.15
    Praying for our rainbow!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. :(
  • Options
    Thank you everyone.

I had my follow up appointment today, and everything seems to be passing normally.
    I've been benched from trying again for 3 cycles so I'm hoping that time passes quickly.
    Pathology came back with everything looking normal.  So yeah, chances are the SCH caused the miscarriage even though that's pretty rare. 

I feel like I have to remind myself to get up in the morning and get dressed and eat.  And if I didn't tell myself to do those things I'd lay in bed day after day doing absolutely nothing.

I'm trying to focus on a project or something to occupy my mind, because when I stop and think I lose it a little bit.
    We met in middle school. We got married 15 years later in a February blizzard of 2010. 
    TTC since February 2010
    Diagnosed with Lyme Disease June 2010 Diagnosed with PCOS March 2011 Diagnosed with Celiac Disease January 2013
    BFP #1: August 25th 2013 EDD May 4th 2014 SCH MC October 3rd 2013
    BFP #2: February 14th 2014 EDD October 25th 2014 CP February 17th 2014

Naked push-up foreplay pioneer
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.  I'm here from May 14 too and there are no words for the emotional toll this takes on someone.   We just found out two days ago, I'm hoping time will soften the pain for me and everyone on this board going through the same thing.

BFP #1 - DS 2007

BFP #2 - 8/25/13 - mmc 10/10/13

BFP #3 - 1/14/14 - EDD 9/30/14

• Options
    Hi ladies,

I am new to this situation, so I have nothing to add to the conversation. I a,sorry that everyone here is in this situation. I found out today that HB dropped and they don't expect to see one on Monday. I don't even know what to do from here. I was lurking on the May 14 board too. I hope the next 3 cycles fly with ease! ((Hugs))
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Menrandes I understand.  I wouldn't get out of bed if it wasn't required for my job.  I took 7 days off, but it didn't seem like enough.

I've been told to wait 3 cycles to, but it is very hard to wait.  However, we have to remember that we will have a better uterine lining then, which will help lead to a successful pregnancy... but I know how hard it is to wait.
  • Options
    So sorry! I also was from the May 14 board. Take time for yourself to heal physically and emotionally over the next few months. I hope they pass quickly for you. Welcome to the board.

EDD 5/2/14, NMC 9/11/13
    EDD 10/15/14, CP 2/8/14

IF Diagnosis: PCOS, MFI 

Current Cycle: 5 mg Femara/1000mg Metformin + TI = BFP, EDD 4/23/15 Please be our RAINBOW

**ALL AL/IF Welcome**
    My Chart

• Options
    We had the same due date:( I took the cytotec and am still going through the m/c 3 weeks later. Nothing about this is fun but time does help heal things. I'm at a point where I'm ready to get the bleeding over with and think about starting to try again! Hugs to you. We can likely answer a lot of your questions, unfortunately. we are all going through this with you, some of us for the 3rd time. Yuck. Hugs and many blessings to you!!

• Options
    Another one from May 2014 board. I'm so sorry for your loss. I believe I'm in the middle of my miscarriage sitting at work - cramping, clotting, etc. It's hard to concentrate and I can't see the dr till tomorrow evening.

I'm new to all if this but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone! Big hugs!!!!
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I'm from the May 2014 board as well, but I had an early loss at 5w1d so I don't have much advice for you as mine was just like an extended period. I hope you recovery quickly, both physically and mentally! Of course you may never "get over" this but I will say once the MC was actually over I started to feel like myself again and was able to start thinking positively. Hugs to all of my fellow May bumpies
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. Hoping your 3 months on the bench fly by and you heal emotionally. When you feel like you are ready the trying to conceive after a loss board is awesome and they have a check in TTA ( trying to avoid ) where gals are ready emotionally to try again but are benched by their dr's. (Hugs)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"