North Carolina Babies

NYE Drink Poll

I don't think I would be comfortable with it, but I'm still slightly on the fence.?

??

[Poll]
image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001

Re: NYE Drink Poll

• I am not a huge champagne fan, so we are sticking with sparkling cider :) ?
  • I won't but not because I'm anti-drinking while pregnant.  I love wine and I don't even want to get started because I won't want to stop.  I told H that he has to bring me a pitcher of margaritas to the hospital as soon as I delivered.
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan to have a sip of DH's champagne but plan on sparkling grape juice as my drink of choice tomorrow night.  I specifically told him NOT to buy the Martini & Rossi Asti Spumonte b/c I LOVE it and didn't want the added temptation in the house!
  • I can't remember if I did or not.  It wasn't much if I did.

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• I had sparkling cider last year.  I had a couple of tastes of wine during my pregnancy, but that was it.  I just didn't feel comfortable having more than a taste.
  • I had sips of wine and beer throughout my pregnancy, and I had planned to have a few sips of champagne on NYE, but we stayed home and didn't end up getting any since DH didn't want a whole bottle of it, so I just had sparkling grape juice.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't, but I was only 5-6 weeks along last NYE. If I had been late 2nd or 3rd tri, I would definitely have had a small glass of champagne.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejenhum:
    I didn't, but I was only 5-6 weeks along last NYE. If I had been late 2nd or 3rd tri, I would definitely have had a small glass of champagne.

ditto! i had a few sips, but if i'd been further along, i woulda had a glass. i had a full 12 oz beer the saturday before henry was born, on midwife's orders :-)

• I'll probably just stick to sparkling cider tomorrow night....but I did just have half a glass of merlot at The Melting Pot for my birthday tonight! I had two glasses of water, two glasses of sprite/cranberry, and a heck of a lot of food along with it, and sipped it slowly, so I felt fine about it. It was gooooood.

Heck, that kid's heartbeat was so strong today, he (she?) can take it. ;)?

• imageourbaby08:
    I told H that he has to bring me a pitcher of margaritas to the hospital as soon as I delivered.

When my husband asked if I wanted any sort of gift after she's born I told him if he can figure out how to get me an apple martini in the hospital, I would love him forever! Big Smile I had a small glass of wine a few months ago and a sip here or there, but I'll probably stick with something non-alcoholic tonight.

• imageourbaby08:
    I won't but not because I'm anti-drinking while pregnant.  I love wine and I don't even want to get started because I won't want to stop.  I told H that he has to bring me a pitcher of margaritas to the hospital as soon as I delivered.

That's exactly how I feel and why I don't want DH to bring champagne or wine into the house tonight.  A sip or two could turn into a glass or two and it's not worth temptation so I won't even go there.  Sparkling cider is the drink of choice tonight.

• Eh, I probably won't have anything either.  Dammit. 

When we went to Blowing Rock about 6 weeks ago, I had a glass of Pinot Grigio with dinner and it was delish!!!!  I really didn't "feel" anything though, so I figure if I can't get buzzed (dangerous anyway?) then what's the point?!?  I can wait until April!  : ) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"