April 2014 Moms

Breathing a sigh of relief

So now I am officially in my 2nd trimester and I cannot tell you how relieved I am! I finally finally feel like ok this is happening I am having a baby! I have spent the last 3 months agonizing every day, almost every hour thinking something was going to go horribly wrong. My husband and I had tried for 4 years to get pregnant with no luck, not even on clomid did we get a positive test. Then last October I was diagnosed with stage 2b cervical cancer. I was so distraught over the thought of a hysterectomy and potentially loosing the chance to ever have a baby so my doctor decided to just try chemo and radiation with partial removal of a portion of the cervix. And luckily this approach worked and after 5 months of chemo and rads, loosing weight, hair and hope I was cancer free in March of this year. But I was told that although I still had all my parts there was only a 3-5% chance I would ever conceive. In July I was having weird symptoms and decided to take a pregnancy test, it took 4 at home tests to even convince myself it was not a fluke, then I wouldn't even let myself think it was a real pregnancy (I kept thinking chemical or ectopic) until I saw my doctor. When it was confirmed I was pregnant I was at first overjoyed and then terrified. I kept telling myself not to get my hopes up that because my cervix is narrow now from scarring or that the scarring itself was going to cause a miscarriage so I never let myself believe I was going to be a mama. Now in to my second trimester my doctor has removed me from being high risk and I am getting very excited!!! I'm still terrified but my wonderful husband bought me an at home Doppler and had our dr show him how to use it and he showed me so I can listen to baby whenever I feel anxious or worried. I honestly don't know what I would have done the lasts few weeks without it :) anyway I am just trying to get I to the whole I'm pregnant and going to be a mama thing and thought I would start here! Thank you

Re: Breathing a sigh of relief

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"