Minnesota Babies
Options

Best Newborn Photographer

Hi Everybody!
I just moved here from Chicago and I'm due in April. Looking for the best newborn photographer...would love your recommendations!
Thanks!
Erin

Re: Best Newborn Photographer

• Options
    mbgreenwaltmbgreenwalt member
    edited October 2013
    The Silver Blossom  - I had the photos in my siggy done by her - https://www.facebook.com/TheSilverBlossom

I've also used:
    Gruman Photography - https://www.grumanphotography.com/
    Honeybee and Peony - https://www.honeybeeandpeony.com/
    Jennie Gaskins (I believe she only does limited sessions now though) -  https://www.jenniegaskins.com/

They all have different styles, but they were all great and easy to work with.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have used Gruman Photography, Sunlit Photography, Honeybee and Peony and Noah Wolf Photography. All are great to work with it just depends on what you are looking for.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Silver Blossom. We loved her!

• Options
    We love Gruman ( was $400 for newborn session and 10 digital images).  If you have a bigger budget, I personally think that JM Photography is the absolute best out there for newborn shots.  Gruman trained under her, so you get a similar style for much less cost though:)  
  • Options
    I have always used www.tarookephotography.com.
    She's done maternity, newborn, 3, 6, 9, 12, 18 and will do 2 year photos as well. She is awesome to work with, always has tons of ideas and is great to work with. I've referred her to lots of people and so many have now hired her for multiple things (weddings, family photos, etc.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ummm, why is my post being reported as abuse?
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!   I'm still trying to decide! Mbgreenwalt...not sure why you were reported...It wasn't me :)  I appreciate your information!!!
  • Options
    Could also check out Katy Reger Hall. She's out of my price range, but her work is gorgeous! https://minneapolisphotographer.com/
  • Options

Check out Photography by Heidi Marie - she has done most of our friends' newborns and we are using her for maternity and newborn photos. https://www.photographybyheidimarie.com/

Very reasonably priced and she gives you all the digital images and a print release. Good luck.

• Options
    Ditto leah fontaine! She shot our wedding and maternity pictures and we are doing her "grow with me" package once our little man arrives. She has done my friend's family/kiddos pics for the last few years. She is so great to work with and her pictures are always amazing!
  • Options
    smurf605smurf605 member
    edited October 2013
    I re-read the Bump TOU and I apologize for flagging you mbgreenwalt. However, I find it unethical to recommend a family member without disclosing your relation.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Huh? She listed a whole bunch of photographers. I'm lost...
  • Options
    Kate C - Silver Blossom is her sister

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    smurf605 said:
    Kate C - Silver Blossom is her sister

Does that really matter? If you look at Silver Blossom's work she takes beautiful photos. I have never used her, but have no problem with someone who recommends a good photographer.
  • Options
    smurf605smurf605 member
    edited October 2013
    I do think it is important to disclose that information. I didn't want to go into it, but I did have a poor experience with Silver Blossom. The quality of work that I received from her was not the same as on her website. At the time, I was not aware that she typically only takes pictures in her studio or outside. Kelly was kind enough to offer to reshoot in her studio, but we had already found an alternative photographer and I was not interested in a studio shoot. However, my newborn shoot became a 1-month shoot, since time had passed between getting the pics back and finding another photographer.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Cheeseandrice - it is interesting you are calling me dramatic (or was it "dramz"). I managed to convey my viewpoint without swearing or trivial sarcasm regarding a signature. I also apologized once I realized I had used the flag feature incorrectly. I have my opinion, you have your opinion - get over it.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I would recommend Lombardi Portraits. You can find her on Facebook and Shutterfly. She took our wedding and DD's pictures. She has reasonable rates and she gives you the rights to all the images. We love her work!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Leah Fontaine is amazing!!! I'd highly recommend her to anyone for any type of photography!

I'd also recommend Red Velvet Moments Photography. Both are super awesome ladies and use natural light in incredible ways!!
    Married 8/10
    Bitty Baby's EDD: 4/21/14

My Crazy Magical Beautiful Life
  • Options
    Shelleys signature photgraphy! She is great and very cheap! Here is a few pics she has taken for my family
    Good luck!
  • Options
    We used Graddy Photography down in the Lakeville/Northfield area. I highly recommend them!!!

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/346q8v4.jpg[/IMG]

~Melissa~       

• Options

Flutterby Photos is by far my Fav - https://www.flutterby-photos.com/

SO MUCH CUTENESS in her photo galleries too :D

• Options
    Check out Johnna Holmgren photography. She did our engagement and wedding photos and will also do our maternity and newborn photos.
    She is amazing and always makes you feel so comfortable. She gives you every single photo she takes and edits every one. You receive the rights to every single picture which we love.
    Married 10/06/12. TTC since 10/06/12. BFP #1 12/04/12 EDD 08/16/13. Natural MC 12/15/12. BFP #2 08/16/13 EDD 04/23/14.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are always happy with Angela Kalthoff. We first started started with her as a newborn photographer, and next week she is taking my daughters 4 year old pics.

She's so nice, a mom of three, and no "cheeeese" schtick.

Great, all around. www.angelakalthoff.com
  • Options
    Ulinemm said:
    We used Graddy Photography down in the Lakeville/Northfield area. I highly recommend them!!!
    I went to HS with Justin Graddy! Him & his wife are great.... 
  • Options
    check out ShotsByBridge on Facebook. She's my cousin and she is an outrageously good photographer!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Em&Josh99 said:
    check out ShotsByBridge on Facebook. She's my cousin and she is an outrageously good photographer!

I didn't even think of Bridget!!!! She is my SIL's good friend. She did my wedding(ours was her first wedding actually) & she is AMAZING!!! I highly recommend her as well! She is so sweet ♥

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"