July 2013 Moms
Options

Speaking of Facebook drama

Yesterday one of my fb friends wrote a post about how some kids still need pull ups at age 5 because their parents are too lazy to potty train them. So then a girl responded that her 2.5 year old isn't potty trained yet. The fb friend responded back to send her daughter to her for 5 days and she'd be trained. So there was all sorts of drama and unfriending.

Sometimes I think about deleting my account...so much weird picture sharing, so much weird drama, and so many pictures of people doing fabulous things while I'm in my yoga pants all day ;). It's so weird that I've been on that website since 2004 and have checked it almost
everyday.

Anyone delete their account recently? Did it change your life for the better?

Re: Speaking of Facebook drama

• Options
    I'm definitely on thebump more often than Facebook!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This post has inspired me to delete a lot of my "friends". I don't think I could delete my whole account because I use it to communicate with a lot of people but I am gonna trim my friend list.
  • Options
    I like FB. Not too much drama for me and my friends. Not sure if its because we are older (mid to late 30's). Only issues I have are with a few family members but that has calmed down. One did unfriend me but I don't really care. I live far from my family and most friends so its a great way to keep each other updated on stuff without calling or emailing everyone so frequently. I also just ignore a lot of the dumb shit on fb just like I do on TB ;)

Bonus: 

• Options
    I deactivated my account awhile ago and recently got it back.  It wasn't permanently deleted.  That might be an option for you.  I think fb takes away time from time with family (DH and DD).  I might deactivate it again.  It was good for me cause I never had to think about going on and check what everyone was doing.       
    After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • Options
    Our family is spread out all over, as well as all my college friends, so I like to keep in touch via Facebook.  Saves times to look up emails..etc.  That being said, I will defriend people when they continually write things that annoy me.  Some folks just write too much junk, so i just remove them from my newsfeed and if I'm curious about them, I will look them up from time to time. 

No one gets a notification that you've defriended, but if they ask me, I will have no problem telling them while.  I am also don't try to friend too many people on FB because I feel they should be real life friends, not just people I knew back in 1st grade. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I like FB. Not too much drama for me and my friends. Not sure if its because we are older (mid to late 30's). Only issues I have are with a few family members but that has calmed down. One did unfriend me but I don't really care. I live far from my family and most friends so its a great way to keep each other updated on stuff without calling or emailing everyone so frequently. I also just ignore a lot of the dumb shit on fb just like I do on TB ;)

This exactly for me too! It's such a great tool for keeping in touch when you have family and friends scattered around in different places.
  • Options
    LauraC122 said:

I won't delete mine but may go on an unfriending spree. I have to watch MIL closely; she tagged herself in one of LO's pictures. I promptly untagged her and was like WTF?!

I have an aunt that does this. In her defense, she honestly doesn't know any better. It's her way of being able to find photos she likes. It's annoying but I love her. If I lived closer to her I'd spend some decent time teaching her other ways to find things she likes.
  • Options
    I deactivated, I think a time will come when we look back at our social media habits (such as checking in with your location) and realize its all pretty ridiculous, narcissistic, and a huge waste of time.
  • Options
    2012ames said:

LauraC122 said:

I won't delete mine but may go on an unfriending spree. I have to watch MIL closely; she tagged herself in one of LO's pictures. I promptly untagged her and was like WTF?!

I have an aunt that does this. In her defense, she honestly doesn't know any better. It's her way of being able to find photos she likes. It's annoying but I love her. If I lived closer to her I'd spend some decent time teaching her other ways to find things she likes.
    You can change your setting to where you have to approve tags added to your pictures.

• Options
    LauraC122 said:

You could change your settings so you have to approve a tag.

My mil tags herself in every photo, video, etc. I finally changed my settings and just delete the requests.

• Options
    I went on a blocking/deleting spree last year...I feel like I need another purge.

@lizabethann06 - I barely ever bump unless i'm on mobile..but today i'm on my work comp and just saw your signature. OMG that is the cutest thing i've ever seen!!!!

imageimageimage

• Options
    I'm on FB but I regularity do cleaning sprees of my "friends" list. I find it to be quite therapeutic, actually.

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

• Options
    edited October 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"