April 2014 Moms

Due Date Change?

So I had an ultrasound today, and based on that, my due date was changed from April 27th to the 23rd. I've seen a couple other moms on here talk about how they'd rather go by their due date according to LMP for whatever reason... I guess maybe because all babies are different, grow more quickly, some are longer than others, etc.? And I know that most babies aren't even born on their due dates, so it doesn't even really matter. But to be 10 weeks, 5 days instead of 10 weeks, 1 day is a little bit exciting to me! It's that much closer to the second trimester, and I get to read about the eleventh week sooner.

I dunno. Maybe it's silly, but which date would you go by?
February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3

Best Answer

Answers

• I'm going by what the doctor told me because it put me ahead by two days and, I was like you - very excited to be closer to the next weekly fruit than I thought!
  • Loading the player...
  • What y'all said makes sense. I didn't see a doctor; I saw a nurse practitioner. But I'm sure she's been doing her job for a long time and is just as qualified to make that assessment as a doctor is. Not saying that my doubts arose from her title, but from my own lack of knowledge and experience. Thanks for the advice, everyone. :) Yay for being almost 11 weeks then!!!  <:-P

• My dating ultrasound moved me from the 28th to the 29th. I'm just sticking with the 28th for this site cuz it's a day sooner but when ppl ask i just say end of April. EDDs are just estimates anyways :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• LMP is just a guess, so dating ultrasounds are usually more accurate. However, if you track your ovulation and know the exact date of conception, that's a reason not to want your EDD moved. My EDD was just moved up from April 7 to March 30, but I know the exact date of conception, so I know that 38 weeks from that day is April 7. Given that my first child came exactly on his due date, calculated by the same method, I would rather trust my body. Besides, with an earlier due date based on size, the doctor could pressure me to induce when I go "overdue", when I know that his EDD is a week earlier than the true 38 weeks from conception. Does that make sense?
  • edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited September 2013
    @CurlieWhirlie Yes, perfect sense. How do you know the exact date of conception though? I track my ovulation and know the day we had sex that caused me to get pregnant. It was on a Saturday, and according to my original 4/27 date, that would've meant I would've conceived the following Sunday some time and that 4/27 would be exactly 40 weeks... Is that how?

Edit: AH! I'm so confused. No, we had sex Thursday, I ovulated on Saturday, and I don't know where that puts me for conception. There.

• My due date was moved back 5 days at my first ultrasound last week, so now I'm actually due May 4th. I'm going by the new due date to be safe, even though I'd rather be 10 weeks tomorrow instead of only 9 weeks 1 day... It barely makes a difference anyways. *

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• My due was changed 3 times. I also was seen by two different doctors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"