April 2014 Moms

SO and I are opposites!

Now that I'm pregnant I'm feeling like the complete emotional opposite of my SO. He is kind of "panicking" and wants to spend all of his time to himself and/or with his friends before the baby comes. I guess he feels like his free time is running out.

I, on the other hand, feel so much closer to him. I feel such a strong bond with him because I'm growing his baby (!!!!) and all I want to do is spend time together and be mushy and lovey.

I know I'm being crazy and hormonal but it still hurts my feelings a little when he doesn't have any interest in spending time with me... He is plenty affectionate (for being a man) but he isn't pregnant so I feel like he won't ever be on my level lol do I just need a hobby to distract myself?

Re: SO and I are opposites!

• Talk to him about how you feel, but do your best to be non confrontational about it. I think this is kind of normal and he will probably calm down the more he gets used to the idea of life changing a bit. Also, let him know that as the baby gets older he will be able to hang out with the guys again...there is no reason for you guys to give up your social life but it will be modified for a little while. 

Hobbies are never a bad idea though :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Agreed!
    image    image    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Finding hobbies is a good idea. I also kind of want time to myself lately, to be honest -- so I find myself going to bed early and reading a book just to relax/escape. I say pick your battles with SO -- I'm sure he is just going through a phase!
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"