TTC after 35

Confused by what CD1 is during IVF....Anyone else?

I'm confused as to what is considered CD 1 during my first IVF cycle.  I took BCP's for 18 days and then had my baseline u/s. My AF was weak to start and came about when I started my stim meds. 

Can anyone help me to know what CD 1 is in this scenario?

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: Confused by what CD1 is during IVF....Anyone else?

• Hi PrivateOne, Your CD1 is the first day of your menstrual cycle. When did you have your baseline u/s done and when did you start your stims? Was that on the third day of your menstrual cycle? Hope that helps. What IVF protocol do they have you on? I am sure it is a bit confusing and all, but don't stress.....did they assign you a nurse that is your contact person? They should have and she or he would have all the answers and is your liaison to the doctor, so don't feel shy in reaching out to your nurse/doctor for help. Keep us posted and hope that you get your BFP!
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • You can use IVF Pregnancy calendars online that have the feature of giving you different milestone dates: 
  • Loading the player...
  • CD1 is the first day of stim meds. I took microdose lupron for two days. That's not a stim med. My actual cd 1 was two days later when I started the bravelle and menopur. GL!
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • Thanks everyone!  I've got it figured out :)

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• I am glad that you got it clarified. Here is a great site, if needed in the future, to assist in understanding the typical IVF protocol. 

https://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytreatments/ss/ivf_treatment_3.htm

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • I am glad that you got it clarified. Here is a great site, if needed in the future, to assist in understanding the typical IVF protocol. 

https://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytreatments/ss/ivf_treatment_3.htm

I need to keep this site at hand for my upcoming cycle

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"