May 2014 Moms

Anyone else struggling with "eating healthy?"

So I know now more than ever it's important to eat healthy....but all I want is greasy, gross, bad for you food. Pizza, McDonalds cheeseburgers, take out chinese food... seems to be the only thing I can stomach! I feel so guilty... but I also can't stomach anything else... anyone else having the same struggle? If so, how are you combatting it? Or just going with it?

Re: Anyone else struggling with "eating healthy?"

• Crap is pretty much all I can stomach right now....I figure its the best I can do...and its likely better than eating nothing.  I try to eat some fruit at least once a day, but these babies just seem to want pizza and tacos :)
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • That's what I keep telling myself..."once I feel better, I'll eat SO healthy"....hopefully that time comes sooner than later!
  • Loading the player...
  • All I crave is sweets!  Cakes, ice cream, cookies...I just try my hardest to get some fruit in there since fruit is sweet too.  It is definitely a struggle though.  Also, I've just been wanting soda.  I hardly every drink soda lol.  Not only that, but I want Pepsi.  I've always hated Pepsi!  I've been trying to just discipline myself to drink water, but it's so disappointing :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I want all that is salt....which is great with the bloat!!!   Just eat what you can tolerate, it gets easier to get back into a normal diet once the weird 1st trimester tastes/aversions chill out a bit :)

BFP #1 - DS 2007

BFP #2 - 8/25/13 - mmc 10/10/13

BFP #3 - 1/14/14 - EDD 9/30/14

• I was the same way with my first pregnancy.. it lasted the whole time.  I gained 51 pounds.

If I want the vbac water birth I am hoping for, I have to keep my weight gain to around 20 pounds.  Currently, I am having a hard time eating, period.  So hopefully that will be pass and I can eat healthy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• If all I can eat is mac and cheese I let myself have it but I practice portion control and I eat one bowl, no more. If I want a turkey burger I eat one but I don't have any fries. If I eat something unhealthy for dinner I don't have any post dinner snacks. For me the snacking is where I gain weight so I'm being really careful and making sure I stick to fruit or yogurt or non-carbs for snacking. Then I can enjoy carbs if I want them and can stomach them at dinner.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • I'm having the same struggle with healthy food making me sick.  I try to keep my snacks as healthy as I can - trail mix, string cheese, hummus with pretzels.  I've also found that I'm able to keep cooked veggies down a lot easier than raw, so I'm doing a lot of soups, casseroles, etc.  Don't beat yourself up too much about it.  You have to eat something.  
    BFP#1 4/1/2013 - EDD 11/28/2013 - M/C 4/19/2013
    BFP#2 8/24/2013 - DS Born 4/20/2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Carbs and crap. I will try to be better 2nd tri when this MS is gone
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yep, all I can stomach is salty carbs and meat. I've had sausage McMuffins from McDonald's 5 days running
    :\">
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kramja01 said:
    yep, all I can stomach is salty carbs and meat. I've had sausage McMuffins from McDonald's 5 days running
    :\">
    Have you had the egg white delight? I had it on a biscuit instead of English muffin...delish!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011

IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

• I am craving carbs. Like a baked potato sounds really good..and pasta. I make pasta with sun dried tomato dressing and mozz. cheese and tomato and cucumber...yummm. lol. It doesn't sound to awful but when you have a lot..

And sweets. Cake and ice cream. And the forest festival is in and I am dreaming of a funnel cake and steak hoagie. Can't wait until friday, I'll be able to afford it. Lol..

Even the mention of.McDonalds make me want to vomit though. I am sure the foods at the festival are more greasy, so not sure why.
  • Kind of the opposite here. Normally love sweets but anything sweet tastes alike poison. Been craving broccoli.
  • For meals - I am awful - I want pizza and McDs and anything bad, but luckily, I am snacking healthy. I am able to eat a banana or string cheese or granola bars, but when it comes to real meals, all I want is bad food. I hope it gets better soon.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• A couple if weeks ago I had no morning sickness and I was a health nut. I am normally a healthy eater, but things went down hill fast. My morning sickness started at the end of my 7th week and it has changed my eating to only semi healthy. All about pizza and I have no interest in things that are good for me.
  • I was doing pretty well and then this past weekend came and I just ate crap all weekend!!  I need to get back on track!
  • All I want is Pizza and buffalo chicken lol but iv been good and eat my normal healthy grilled chicken n fruits n veggies

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm struggling with just eating so at this point I'm just trying to get calories in. Lunch today was grilled cheese, soup and French fries.
  • Today was the first day I've eaten healthy in 3 weeks. I have been non-stop eating carbs, mostly pizza, pasta and baked goods. I haven't had a McDonald's Big Mac in about 6 years and I went yesterday only a hour after I had inhaled wings, fries, and poppers. Make it stop!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm struggling to eat at all....basically, if I can smell it, I can't eat it. I wish I'd had this issue when I wasn't pregnant; it would have made dieting so much more effective.
    Tobin Chase, born April 20, 2014
  • All I wanted after work today was Mcdonalds. DH talked me out of it lol.
    Me: 28 DH: 30 
    TTC-January 2013
    BFP#1--September 2013 (EDD 5/30/2014)--D&C for Missed MC @ 9 weeks 3 days
    BFP#2--August 2014 (EDD 4/30/2015) --hoping this is our rainbow!

• I've eaten more fast food in the past two weeks than I've eaten my whole life lol. Carbs and fast food. Oh well. I cool up a pot of potatoes today just so I could cut them up with some butter and sour cream. Mmmmm. It hit the spot lol. Not craving much sweets but I do have a little ice cream each night. I just try to make sure I fit a veggie and a fruit in each day. It's way off from my normal eating habits but it will have to do for now. The head of broccoli in the fridge just makes me wanna vomit lol.
  • Veggies are basically nonexistent in my diet. I've been eating whatever doesn't make me sick but trying to keep it healthy at the same time. Lots of bananas, crackers, cheese, nuts, eggs and cereal.
    TTC since 10/11
    Me, 26- Normal. DH, 28- Low morphology (2-4%)
    August 2013 100mg Clomid+TI=BFP!
    Beta #1,2,3=136, 1351, 5328
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • danabsddanabsd member
    edited September 2013
    Today for lunch I ate French Fries covered in ranch, pico de gallo and cheese.  Then I had a cupcake.  I have apples and grilled chicken in my lunchbox that will likely be going home with me. So there's that...

• I feel exactly the same I usually am healthy with my breakfast and I figure when I feel Better I'll start eating better
  • I am wanting salty and vinegar. A small bag of salt vinegar chips were simply amazing today. I am eating healthy for breakfast and lunch but by dinner I wanting bad foods. Today I caved to the chips tomorrow is a new day!
  • I've been living off take-out and candy. I can't eat gluten/dairy so the worst take-out cravings aren't an option.
    TTC since August 2011
    Cycle 8,9,10 - 50mg Clomid - BFN
    Cycle 11, 100 mg Clomid & IUI#1- BFP 2/23/13 - m/c 4/2/13 @ 9w2d
    Cycle 13, 100 mg Clomid & IUI#2 - BFP 6/27/13 - CP
    Surprise Natural BFP 9/9/13 - Welcomed baby boy May 25, 2014
    TTC Buddies with *noelcallum* - Congratulations!
    Knottie Besties with *SparklingDiamond* - Congratulations!
  • Update: I just ate another cupcake. I fail at all things self control.

• Let go of the guilt.  Right now with morning sickness, survival is the name of the game.  The baby will take what it needs and leave you with next to nothing in nutrition, but no worries.  Eat what makes you feel good and what gets you through the day.  I am all about screw healthy and I will eat what gives me 20 minutes of feeling full and not gagging.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm not really having too bad of a time with ms just occasional nausea. However, nothing healthy sounds appetizing to me at all. I think DH is starting to gain weight too..I told him he's not allowed to blame me and the baby!
  • hcorcoran said:

I'm struggling with just eating so at this point I'm just trying to get calories in. Lunch today was grilled cheese, soup and French fries.

Same here. Thanks for mentioning grilled cheese & soup - now I know what I'm making for dinner! :)

Happy I could help! It hit the spot!
  • hcorcoran said:
    I'm struggling with just eating so at this point I'm just trying to get calories in. Lunch today was grilled cheese, soup and French fries.
    Same here. Thanks for mentioning grilled cheese & soup - now I know what I'm making for dinner! :)
    Happy I could help! It hit the spot!
    I had a grilled cheese with american cheese and bacon last night, it was heaven!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011

• Tonight all I wanted was eggs on this garlic bun with cheese but I forced myself to have chicken and veggies with some of that bread too but man I choked that down!

I want bread a lot like bagels with cream cheese, cereal, muffins, etc

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so glad I am not the only one! I feel so guilty for eating like crap! I bought sea bands this weekend and they are helping with the nausea - so I was able to make two meals and not be repulsed when it was time to eat! 

i read online to just make sure you take your vitamin and this will all pass :)
  • So glad it's not just me... I've been feeling so guilty. I keep buying fruit and it just sits in the fridge - I know I should eat it, I just don't want it. Pizza and chick-fil-a... and cupcakes... really good bakery cupcakes.
  • I'm not a healthy eater anyway because I'm so picky! I've been drinking at least one glass of the green Naked juice a day to get some veggie nutrients because I HATE veggies. I've been craving nachos and soft pretzels like CRAZY!!
  • I have been doing ok on healthy stuff, kind of on and off. I actually went through a few days where all I wanted was salads for dinner so there is that. But I bought a whole bunch of stuff to make green smoothies for breakfast every morning, and it started off good, but I can't even handle the thought of them anymore. I have all this fruit and juice and veggies in my fridge going to waste because I cannot handle eating any of it. I can't even eat bananas right now and I love bananas. Then again I also can't stand the idea of frappacinos or chocolate bars either. But give me a Mcdonalds breakfast sandwhich and I am a happy camper.
  • Craving unhealthy here too. Carbs mostly but a turkey sub with extra mayo is my current craving. I had 3 or 4 of them last week!!!

• Mostly carbs.  I'm making meatball subs for dinner and while I'm waiting for the meatballs to finish cooking I've already made 2 rolls into garlic bread and dipped them in sauce and ate them.  I could really do without the balls, lol.  I have been eating a lot of apples, so I guess that's good. 
  • I am trying to eat "better", but I am not able to eat a balanced diet. I feel less guilty about my snacking now that I know I am not the only one!

I still do smoothies in the morning when possible. M/S usually kicks in by lunch, so soups go down well but dont fill me up. I snack on a lot of crackers. salty things during the afternoon. Supper is usually a waste of time and energy... it never stays down. Then a few hours after supper, I am back to snacking on salty carb things again.

3/29/12 - Married my soulmate
    BFP #1 - 3/23/13 // EDD - 11/27/13 // M/MC - 5/3/13 // D&C - 5/4/13
    BFP #2 - 8/26/13 // EDD - 5/10/14 // Born 5/18/14

image    image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"