Stay at Home Moms

West coast weather?

Anyone else on their 3rd straight day of crazy rain?? I can NOT believe how hard it's coming down outside right now, and it hasn't let up in over 72 hours! And the wind last night was crazy cakes! I ran 10 feet from our car to the grocery store with DD this morning and we were both soaked! Aah!! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: West coast weather?

• Nope, no rain here in so cal

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes!  I live in Oregon and it has been insane!  DD's soccer game was cancelled on Saturday because it was so windy and there are many large trees at the park where they play.  Part of me kind of loves the weather though!  I am in fall-a-fication mode now!  Comfort food, fall decor, so much coziness!  Yesterday we just lounged, did a little housework, watched football - it was amazing!
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Loading the player...
  • sunnydays99sunnydays99 member
    edited September 2013
    Well I'm in Alberta so unfortunately not on the coast :-( but the wind has been ridiculous here for 4 days now!! It's been blowing 110 km/ hr!! I can't sleep and get the worst headaches when it's like this. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same then hopefully it'll settle down.

I hope you're rain stops soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Third day of rain in Portland, too. We had crazy wind last night and half the city lost power. We lost it from 8:30 pm until early this morning because a tree fell on a power line near our house. It was then that I learned that my kid is absolutely terrified of the dark.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Third day of rain in Portland, too. We had crazy wind last night and half the city lost power. We lost it from 8:30 pm until early this morning because a tree fell on a power line near our house. It was then that I learned that my kid is absolutely terrified of the dark.
    I feel bad for your LO!  We luckily did not lose power, just had some light flickers.  I also do not like it when the power goes out.  It can be 2pm and light outside and no power still scares me.  It just send chills up my spine.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • I had candles out and ready, but we didn't end up losing power. Lots of flickering lights though, and our magnolia tree looked like it was going to snap in half.

It's fun weather if you have nowhere to be though... DD's down for her nap, and I'm sipping tea by the fire and watching the rain. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Washington here and we actually had a confirmed tornado touch down this morning!! Crazy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, that's insane!!!

NorCal/SanFrancisco is still getting mild 70's and sunny. No rain in sight.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• QueSyrah said:
    Nope, no rain here in so cal
    No rain in the south bay, but I would love a thunderstorm. So miss those.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • It's been wild here, as well. An hour ago it was absolutely pouring and at the moment it's windy and the sun is peaking through. I was thankful that DH was able to pick DD1 up from preschool today so I didn't have to take the baby out in it. The walk from the parking lot to her school is about 1/2 block.
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Northern Cali (Sonoma County)- we've had light rain since last night, but it's still 70* and humid. I feel like we're living in Florida right now.
  • I am visiting my parents in OR. Holy wind! A local festival was cancelled for the first time in 40 years because of concerns of falling trees and tents blowing away.
    My dh, who had to stay home in LA, told me he read his homework out on the campus lawn. I have to admit that I am grateful for a break from the sun. The 100+ weather this summer sucked.
    <Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers>
  • Sunny and in the 80s all week.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"