Trying to Get Pregnant

Clomid

This is my first cycle on clomid. My question is did anyone have different or more severe pre period symptoms on clomid? Thanks!

Re: Clomid

• Everyone is different. Even if others had worse symptoms or less severe symptoms it would make no difference to your body. 

• I read it as she was in another cycle of Clomid.

I do apologize for the misread. 

Sometimes I just read too much and can't keep it straight. 

Being a librarian is hard work, yo.

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry I guess I must clarify. It's still my first round but its 3 weeks later so I'm patiently waiting for AF. So I'm not "Busted". Also not looking for support that I'm KU. I'm not stupid and realize those are fighting words on this board so would NEVER ask that.

I tried to do a quick post but I guess I can elaborate. My more severe symptoms include really bad lower back pain, a somewhat stinky discharge, and more than usual hunger. I have read online (not any medically reputable sites) that clomid can cause some of these things while taking it but there was not much info on the 2ww besides people thinking they were KU so I thought I would check here.

Oh but yet again people can be unnecessarily rude.
  • tache said:
    Sorry I guess I must clarify. It's still my first round but its 3 weeks later so I'm patiently waiting for AF. So I'm not "Busted". Also not looking for support that I'm KU. I'm not stupid and realize those are fighting words on this board so would NEVER ask that. I tried to do a quick post but I guess I can elaborate. My more severe symptoms include really bad lower back pain, a somewhat stinky discharge, and more than usual hunger. I have read online (not any medically reputable sites) that clomid can cause some of these things while taking it but there was not much info on the 2ww besides people thinking they were KU so I thought I would check here. Oh but yet again people can be unnecessarily rude.

We can??  Thanks OP!!

Ha, this reminds of the Simpsons episode where Bart overhears Marge saying "Kids can be so cruel" and he yells out "We can?? Thanks Mom!"  Classic.  I tried to find a gif but no luck so here is another from the Simpsons.image

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• I've never been on clomid, but I thought a stinky discharge was caused by a bacterial infection. Am I wrong on that one?

TTC #1 October 2012
    Me (30): PCOS DH (31): SA looks good

12/13: Clomid + IUI = BFN

1/14: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN

2/14: Benched = BCP

3/14: Femara = BFN

4/14: Break for job change = BFP!! EDD 1/5/15

• @sister13 - that reminds me of this one!
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm dying from laughter at this thread.
  • @jaytee16 - YES!!

My favorite episodes of the Simpsons:

1. Chili Cook Off/Guatemalan Insanity Pepper - "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Homer"

2. Can't win friends with salad - Lisa the Vegetarian

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• FWIW, although I was not on Clomid, I was on Femara... Yes, my cycles were very different while I was on it.  I had intense cramping around O and abdominal pain thereafter. 

I do agree with kiki and GM, you really need to discuss the stinky discharge with your doctor. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree I probably have a UTI- I get them frequently but I thought I it could also be some clomid stuff.

I don't expect everyone to be nice or read my mind. However, people trying to "bust" me for stating the wrong clomid cycle seems unnecessary. I know what cycle I'm on you don't have to play detective. Also, there seems to be some people who are the "am I pregnant" police and try to catch people asking if they are KU.

It would be a huge miracle if I were KU after round 1 of clomid so I'm not asking that. All I wanted was a little "real life" experience using clomid and how it can affect each stage.
  • tache said:
    My more severe symptoms include really bad lower back pain, a somewhat stinky discharge, and more than usual hunger. I have read online (not any medically reputable sites) that clomid can cause some of these things while taking it but there was not much info on the 2ww besides people thinking they were KU so I thought I would check here. 
    Regarding the bold quoted text, there are a couple days every few cycles or so that I have this same symptom. It's somewhat normal for me, but if it is new for you, I'd call your doc. Plus if it is an infection, they can catch it early and you won't have to deal with any of the awful symptoms that might come along with it.
    ---

• This was basically your OP:

"I took clomid am I having pregnancy symptoms?"

What did you expect to hear?
  • Oh FFS mustache go get some meds to fix your stankiness. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"