March 2014 Moms
Options

Peeing Less...Oh and Why not discuss Weight Gain too...

Just curious as we almost all are in the 2nd tri, is anyone peeing less?

For me it depends on the day, but today I noticed from that from the time I woke up till lunch I had only peed twice for the day... and drank the same amount of fluids I normally do.

Also weight gain, my gain varies due to what I like to blame as constipation... but at 14 weeks, 3 days I am up anywhere from 4 to 9 lbs.
imageimageimage
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

Re: Peeing Less...Oh and Why not discuss Weight Gain too...

• Options
    So interesting that you bring up the pee topic.  When I was in my first tri, I read somewhere (some place FULL OF LIES) that you pee less in the second tri.  My wise friend who already had a LO told me that she absolutely did not experience that.  For what it's worth, I have been peeing EXPONENTIALLY more in the second tri.  I did, however, have a really hard time stomaching water in those first few weeks and am now drinking closer to 90 oz a day now, so I'm sure that's why.  

As for weight gain, DH has hidden my scale because I was driving him insane.  If my weight was steady, I was sad/worried I wasn't gaining enough, if it went up, I was stressed about "gaining too much."  He came to my appointment last week and when the doctor said my weight was fine, he was like, "Great, now I'm stealing your scale." I think I love him more for it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am peeing way more now. Also no weight gain due to hyperemesis, I am down 4.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MissfunballMissfunball member
    edited September 2013
    I'm peeing way more.  Sometimes sharkie likes to sleep on my bladder in which case I pee literally every hour.

edit*

weight gain - not officially measured since last week but I suspect I went from losing 7 lbs in 1st trimester, to steadily gaining.  I have gained 4-5 lbs in the past 3 weeks (not quite up to pre-preggo weight). 

Its kind of why I ignore weight to be honest.  I eat healthy...well mostly and carrying it where I should, definitely mostly in the boobs and the bump nothing extra, though some people would freak if I told them I started gaining 1.5-2 lbs a week

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Options
    More for me, too.  Maybe you're carrying higher now. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I have been getting up at night less frequently. Instead of the 3-4 times in 1st tri, I've only been getting up 1 or 2 times a night now. Could just be because I don't want to get up or I'm drinking less water before bed. Other than that I don't see too much change in my peeing frequency.

As for weight gain. I gained 10lbs in the 1st tri...ugh! But I have not gained any since I was 12 weeks, despite my growing belly. So I assume it is just evening out now.
    ETA: for now.....
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    Like PP I am actually peeing way more lately, like the past week or so. I never had a pee problem in first tri but now it's constant. Last check up I had gained about 5-7 pounds. 

• Options
    Me! I pee less (last night I slept through the night. previously i had to get up once every night)
    so minor difference. I'm only up 5lbs as of saturday.
  • Options
    I"m peeing less not. I think the babies have moved up and are not putting as much pressure on my bladder (I'm sure that will change soon though).
    Also, I'm probably slacking on the water intake a little.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm a bit less. Still 1x during the night, which is nice. I know the multiple trips during the night are coming shortly so I'm trying to enjoy my once nightly visit while I can!
  • Options
    I don't know if I'm peeing less, or I'm perceiving it as less because I've got my routine down. I do feel like I had to go more in the first tri... but it is just hard to say because it was such a noticeable change from pre-pregnancy.

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    I always thought that pregnant women pee a lot because of all the pressure on your bladder from your uterus. When you 'pop' you stop peeing as frequently because that pressure is off your bladder. When the baby grows bigger, more pressure will be applied to your bladder from your uterus and you'll start peeing more in 3rd tri.

Is that complete shit?? lol

Hi I'm Aria. Married in 2008. Baby G born 2011. Due March 25, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm up about a pound and a half from my lowest (lost around 7 in first tri) as for peeing I'm going pretty frequently still.
    Except for last night I got up to pee2x and got so dang dizzy I fell on the dog and scared the shit out of DH.
  • Options
    So glad to see that some others haven't gained or only have gained back a little. I lost about 7lbs at first and have only gained back about 2 of that. I'm semi worried, but my belly is growing and I'm starting to feel kicks which reassures me.
  • Options
    I always thought that pregnant women pee a lot because of all the pressure on your bladder from your uterus. When you 'pop' you stop peeing as frequently because that pressure is off your bladder. When the baby grows bigger, more pressure will be applied to your bladder from your uterus and you'll start peeing more in 3rd tri.

Is that complete shit?? lol

this is how my doctor explained it to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am peeing less, but it's now been replaced by the feeling that someone is pushing my ribs apart, so I'm assuming that means things are getting pushed up.

I think I preferred the peeing.
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • Options
    I am also peeing less. I read somewhere that can happen, but I have no idea what the reason is.
    Induction of mo/di twin boys scheduled for 2/24! Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    peeing less, gain 10lbs that i'm not too happy about.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I'm still getting up to pee in the middle of the night.
    As far as weight, I have lost 3 lbs but because I was over weight to begin with, it's not a huge deal. Definitely seeing my weight shift around though. Boobs are huge and bump is steadily growing.
  • Options
    I don't think my peeing had changed... Though I have the ability to hold it really well so maybe I'm just used to the feeling of it being full all the time. (Teacher skills... lol)

I've been trying to drink more water though so in sure that will change

As for weight gain, I'm up MAYBE 2 pounds? Kinda concerned because I feel like I'm always eating and every time I step on the scale it's the same. When I got pregnant I didn't need to lose or gain ... So I feel like I should be gaining by now
  • Options
    Peeing way less often but more each time I go. No longer waking up at night to pee so finally getting great sleep! As for weight I'm up 12 lbs from per pregnancy but have only gained one lb in the past three weeks.
  • Options
    I'm peeing less. I used to get up 2-4 times a night and couldn't lay on my back without having to pee. Now it's only once a night mostly and I can lay on my back comfortably. (I do have a pregnancy pillow to try to keep me in my side, but I always seem to end up on my back) I attribute it to the baby shifting. As for weight I'm still down 2. I'm fluffy tho, so I should be good. I've definitely noticed the shifting of weight though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"