April 2014 Moms
Options

Drinking Problem

Wondering if anyone is going through this? I overdo it when I drink milk and occasionally with water. I wake up and immediately want milk. Then I'll down a whole glass and not have any room for breakfast. Or at dinner time I'll have one or two bites of food and NEED milk to wash it down. I end up drinking the whole cup of it and can't finish my dinner. I wish I had some self control but damn it tastes so good. I just really hate waking up in the middle of the night, starving because I literally are two bites of my dinner.

I don't think I'm dehydrated or need more calcium but my body knows me better.

Anyone? No just me? TML= Total Milk Lush!
imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Drinking Problem

• Options
    Im not like this w. milk but I cannot stop drinking water,  I am thirsty ALL THE TIME, I wake up at night with total cotton mouth and chug a glass of water, and of course have to pee 30 minutes later. Nothin better than a big glass of ice cold water for me! oo i take that back, a raspberry limeade hits the spot too!

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • Options
    Me. I started buying two gallons at a time because I'm going through it so fast.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the complete opposite problem. I'm pretty sure i'm chronically dehydrated at this point. My lips are so dry they've started peeling. I just can not stomach liquids. Every sip makes me wanna throw up. I've been trying to eat lots of soups, apple sauces etc so that at least i'm still getting fluids. I used to drink tons of water/day so this is not like me at all. Maybe I need a crazy straw...

• Options
    I drink water CONSTANTLY -- it tastes amazing and it helps with the terrible taste that is always in my mouth. My issue with fullness is food -- I have to force myself to choke down food all day, but then get really hungry at night.  I'll eat a normal sized meal... still starving.  I'll wait a while, then grab a few more bites... still starving. I take LITERALLY ONE MORE BITE and am so full that I spend the next hour feeling like I'm going to vomit.  It is nuts. 
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options

I drink water CONSTANTLY -- it tastes amazing and it helps with the terrible taste that is always in my mouth. My issue with fullness is food -- I have to force myself to choke down food all day, but then get really hungry at night.  I'll eat a normal sized meal... still starving.  I'll wait a while, then grab a few more bites... still starving. I take LITERALLY ONE MORE BITE and am so full that I spend the next hour feeling like I'm going to vomit.  It is nuts. 

This is me too. But I feel you about waking up in the middle of the night starving. Would smaller meals help? I literally eat a snack as I'm going to bed. That has helped a little.
  • Options
    TallaB said:
    I have the complete opposite problem. I'm pretty sure i'm chronically dehydrated at this point. My lips are so dry they've started peeling. I just can not stomach liquids. Every sip makes me wanna throw up. I've been trying to eat lots of soups, apple sauces etc so that at least i'm still getting fluids. I used to drink tons of water/day so this is not like me at all. Maybe I need a crazy straw...
    I went through this a few weeks ago and all of the sudden felt better one day.  What worked for me was anything bubbly - Seltzer or sparkling water, soda, etc.  I also mixed Powerade and seltzer. Now I can drink water but it has to be either hot or really cold and sour, so I have been adding Mio lemonade flavor.  Hope you find something that works!

• Options

May be over simplifying. Could you use a juice glass instead of a full sized? Satisfaction of drinking the whole thing it's just less.

I agree with PP about being thirsty all the time! My go to this week is Tang. Mostly water but more interesting!

I tried that and my self control is so bad, I keep going to the fridge for refills. I'm going to start keeping snacks by my bedside table. I get so sick if I have to get up and make myself something to eat in the middle
    of the night.

@acaawkward I'm the same way, I can over do it so easily with food if I have one too many bites.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    What if you switch to whole milk? Then you'll get the milk, but it'll also contain the calories to keep you full.

reverse reasoning from a toddler situation: We're finding dd doesn't eat as much when we let her have milk before dinner, so if she asks for it, we give her 2%.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    Milk makes me sick right now (unless I make it a chocolate) but I drink enough water and juice to drown in. Constantly. Now I'm into herbal teas. Our fridge is full of beverages I pick up because they look tasty.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    I'm the same way with water. If I don't have a cup or bottle of water a foot away from me I suddenly feel like I've
    Never had a sip of water in my life and I am dying. Maybe you are low on calcium?
  • Options
    TallaB said:
    This! I used to down about 80 oz per day and now I'm struggling to get 40 down. Chugging liquids makes me want to vom. Even when I just sip, I have to let a wave of nausea pass through before I can sip again. I'm super jealous of your addiction, @DemoDoll :)
  • Options
    I'm in LOVE with milk right now. We buy 2 gallons at a time and it doesn't last a full week. I honestly never put two and two together with drinking so much milk and then not eating my whole dinner ... Total dummy!! It makes sense! I wake up wanting milk I dream about it. There is something about water it makes me feel so sloshy but milk just hits the spot!!

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"