November 2013 Moms

bag

so I know that hospital bags have been talked about on here before and what to pack but I am curious how many bags are you gals going to be bringing?  Do you just have 1 for your, one for DH/partner, and 1 for LO?  I am just really curious because I also feel like I could do a shower bag for me and husband and add a food bag, and I also heard to have an empty bag for when you leave so you can fill that up with doctor stuff??  I don't know and I just feel like all of these bags are kind of ridiculous so I am just really curious what and how many bags you gals will be taking to the hospital--granted I know that I can keep some in the vehicle and just have my husband get it after delivery.  I just don't know whats "normal"

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Re: bag

• I am taking 2 bags. The diaper bag with LOs stuff, and then a small duffel bag for me. We only live about 5 mins from the hospital so DH will go home to shower and also to check on our furbaby. I can fit everything I need except for my boppy and bed pillow in my duffel. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

• I think that's a great question. I'm a FTM, DH is responsible for his own bag. I will likely have a bag for LO. And my bag, if I need extra bags to bring stuff home in the hospital has bags, and ours gives us another diaper bag loaded down for LO. At least that is what the hospital nurses from OB told us.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a little rolling suitcase for me/DH and my diaper bag is packed as LO's bag. I'm bringing a few juice boxes, honey sticks, granola bars and a couple microwaveable noodle bowls in my bag. Nothing fancy but it'll be good labor food or snacks if the cafeteria and coffee shop are closed. The only thing that doesn't fit in my suitcase is my pillow.

I also have this cool folding tote bag that's flat and only about 6x6" and expands to an IKEA-sized tote that is in my rolling suitcase to have on hand for all the freebies.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • I packed two bags. One for me and my SO and one for baby. We are also bringing an extra bag like a lot of people have said, for extra things such as hospital stuff and any gifts we get at the hospital! :)
  • We have 2 bags-- a huge duffel for myself and DH, and LO's diaper bag.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • babymama619babymama619 member
    edited September 2013
    I'll have one for me and I'll put LOs stuff in it. It's like a large carry on roller. I can't imagine I'll need the diaper bag for the ride home. I'll bring an extra reusable shopping bag for the hospital goodies. I'll also bring my pillow and a boppy....and the car seat at the end.

• I haven't packed or though about this yet, but last time I had two bags. One for me and DD (baby only had 2 outfits, nail clippers, and pacifiers). DH put his items in his laptop bag. I'll pack a diaper bag for our toddler and have whoever is taking care of her deal with that.

In my bag, I threw a expandable bag to take stuff home, but I don't think we used it. The hospital bagged up all of the goodies for us. This time, I'll just throw in a large plastic shopping bag in case they don't give us something.

Both my inlaws and my parents gave us floral arrangements. They were the most annoying to pack up, I think we kept them in the boxes they came with, but they had to be carried and not just thrown with everything else. I believe DH took a load with him to the car when he went and got the car seat.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am only taking one plus my camera bag. DH looked like a pack mule last time dragging all kinds of small bags through the hospital. He was not very happy. It only got worse when we were ready to leave because we had to add a car seat and drag out all the gifts it was a nightmare getting everything to the car and in the car. This time I have 1 good size rolling duffle and that is it. I'm not even taking a diaper bag because the hospital provides every thing you need.
  • Okay thanks everyone for all of your insight!!  I really appreciate it!!
  • I'm taking my high school backpack.  I took it the last two times so it feels like tradition.  The hospital gave me a plastic bag to take the extras home.  DH can run home to get anything if needed.  Last time he just crashed on the couch in whatever he wore. 

I only use a small bit of makeup, camera, phone and chargers and a take home outfit for LO. Both times before I left in what I wore there so won't bother bringing an extra outfit.
  • I'm going to pack 2 bags like I did with DD. one is a small backpack for delivery room that will have my wallet, camera, hair ties, Chapstick, birth plan, and snacks. The second will be a little larger but still carry on size bag for recovery room with going home outfit for me and LO, toiletries, electronics' chargers, nipple cream, and robe for when visitors come. DH will pack his own backpack. No bag for LO just his outfit. I'll take extras from the hospital in my bag or a plastic garment bag they provide.

There's not a ton of room in the delivery room to hold luggage and you don't need most of that stuff during labor so having 2 small bags seems logical to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"