May 2014 Moms
Options

FTM - First App Question

I have my first appointment tomorrow - by LMP - I'll be 7 weeks and 5 days (although I think I'm about a week behind using O date). Anyways, what type of u/s should I expect? Transvaginal? Or the one with a transducer on the surface of the skin?  Do you get to hear a heart beat this early?

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FTM - First App Question

• Options
    Transvag and you should be able to hear the heartbeat, and see the blip on the screen. If you are truly a week behind, as you think that you might be, it could be difficult to see/hear. I have heard you can register the hb as early as 6 weeks, but doctors like to shoot for 8 for the best chance.
     Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Both and you can see it I don't remember if they listened, I don't think so.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    it will be transvag and I wouldn't expect to hear the heartbeat.  You should be able to see it on the u/s though.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    chillypenguinchillypenguin member
    edited September 2013
    I had my first appointment at 6w6d with DD. It was a transvaginal ultrasound and we saw/heard the heartbeat. I think it depends on if the machine is capable of doing sound. Good luck!

• Options
    Did they tell you to expect an u/s? Hopefully, but don't be disappointed if they don't do one. It isn't standard practice in all offices. Hope you get to see your little berry!!

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• Options
    gutsysneakersgutsysneakers member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks, ladies. As a FTM, I really had no idea what to expect so thanks again.

Yes, they told me to expect an u/s to confirm pregnancy.

Edit: to answer question.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"