Stay at Home Moms

MRI update...long

I just want to start out by thanking each and everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers. I would've posted sooner but when I got out of my appt with my neurosurgeon, I got a text from my best friend telling me that her mom passed away. So yesterday was the viewing and the funeral was a couple hours ago. I got my MRI and had to wait almost 3 hours to see the surgeon. A new surgeon came in and asked me a million questions and examined me by having me do different tasks. He left and came in with " my dr". He sat down and smiled and said " I have some good news for you" my first MRI was in dec '11 and the MRI I had on Friday, they think the 2 are very similar in size not much change if any at all. The fact that I went through a pregnancy with no complications and the area didn't drastically increase in size, bc hormones during pregnancy should've made it larger. They are thinking that it may not be a tumor and just an abnormality that I could've been born with. He said he met with 2 other surgeons and the radiologist and they are holding off on surgery. They don't want to have to put me through everything if I don't need to. They are going to have me get MRIs every 4 months for a year, then if they don't notice anything then go to 2 a year then 1 a year to keep an eye on it. But if they see any change they'll proceed with surgery. I started bawling and thanking him so much and looked over at DH and he had the biggest smile ever and his eyes were filled with tears. I was holding DD and and she smiled at the dr. Her little way of saying thank you. I cried so much and thanked God every 3 seconds. I'm still in shock and just can't believe how lucky and blessed I am. I wanted to give you guys an update and thank you again. The power of prayer is truly amazing.

Re: MRI update...long

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"