Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Duo Fertility Monitor

Thought i'd pass this information on as i'm doing some research on this. I just finished watching a news report on the Duo Fertility Monitor. Basically, its a sophisticated version of the bbt method used by many of us except its a monitor and a patch that you wear 24 hours a day. Its supposed to monitor your temperature and give you a more effective reading. Its a UK product that was just given FDA approval for sale in the US. It is pricier but it is worth researching for anyone who is curious. If i read anything else about it, i'll let you all know.

~Everyone and new friends welcome ~

My Ovulation Chart

TTC#1 since November 2012
MC on 6/24/13 at 7w2d

My Furbaby
photo 31.jpg

Re: Duo Fertility Monitor

• Options

@ghostmonkey why temp once when you can have your temp taken 200,000 times a day!! moar is better!
    And pay $800 to let someone else tell you what it all means!  I mean, I don't know about you guys, but numbers are hard.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options

I still don't understand how this thing is going to tell me when to have sex if it is monitoring BBT...that only tells that I *did* ovulate.

And 38% were pg after 6 months....those odds don't impress me.

Of course, the fact I will be getting info from drs in England assures me that I will be conceiving a little Mr. Darcy, right?!?!?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay, so if I'm completely healthy, there's still only a 38% success rate?  How is that impressive?  This just makes me sad for the intelligence of humanity.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I would have imagined it would have been a flat patch not a small circular disk. Not sure how that would stay on all day.

~Everyone and new friends welcome ~

My Ovulation Chart

TTC#1 since November 2012
    MC on 6/24/13 at 7w2d

My Furbaby
    photo 31.jpg
  • Options
    jcsumm0 said:

I still don't understand how this thing is going to tell me when to have sex if it is monitoring BBT...that only tells that I *did* ovulate.

And 38% were pg after 6 months....those odds don't impress me.

Of course, the fact I will be getting info from drs in England assures me that I will be conceiving a little Mr. Darcy, right?!?!?

Be careful. Wires might get crossed and you may end up with a Mr. Darcy like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

@DarcyHermione I fail to see the problem. ;)
  • Options
    "Can you believe we spent $800 on this thing, Honey?"
    "Wait, we spent $800 on a PedEgg?"

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also:

"Predictive algorithms to help you plan ahead"

AKA We figure out what day you ovulated last cycle and tell you that chances are you'll probably ovulate around the same day this cycle. Wow, what a complicated "algorithm". *snort*

The things people will pay money for...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I haz a sadz that they deleted my very nice review on their Facebook page of their infertility/IVF alternative product.

Wait what did it say??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haz a sadz that they deleted my very nice review on their Facebook page of their infertility/IVF alternative product.
    Wait what did it say??
    Summary: You are opportunistic assbags that are trying to screw people out of money. People aren't doing IVF due to poor intercourse timing.

It says something about their past Facebook experiences that they've got their page on lock enough to delete your comment so quickly... methinks that wasn't the first time they've been put on blast.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"