September 2012 Moms

Take cruise with DS?

DH are big travelers, have taken about 6 cruises before DS. This summer we all drove to Florida from New York and flew to Jamaica. DS did great! But now we are thinking about taking a cruise in February. He will be about 17 months old. Should we do it? Anyone else done it? Any suggestions or tips? He did great with our drive and flight so I'm being optimistic. Anyone know at what age they can play at the kids camp?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Take cruise with DS?

• I heard from a former colleague that the cabin/sleeping situation can be a real challenge, but that's all I remember him saying negatively about the experience.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• For me personally--I think I'd make sure he was old enough for the kids' club/daycare/onboard sitting.  I think this varies by cruise line.  A cruise is something I'd want to make sure I could get some grownup time on!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We cruised with both kids a month ago. Dd was great. Ds didn't nap well and wasn't as cute. It was fun overall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are going next April so ds2 will be 19ish months. I think he'll do fine on the cruise, it's the 4-5 hour flight getting there I'm a little more worried about since he will be a lap child for the flight. We are going the Disney cruise route so very kid friendly yet some beach and sun time for us too. Plus DH and I are kids at heart so seeing the Disney characters brings out our inner kids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"