When did you see heartbeat? — The Bump
1st Trimester

When did you see heartbeat?

With previous issues I'm a little nervous about my 6 week u/s.  Even though I know it's still a little early if I don't see it this week I'm afraid I will freak myself out.  With my DD I saw it at 5 1/2  weeks but every pregnancy is different.

Me:32 DH:33  Married 6/18/05
Off BC 12/07 BFP 1/08 DD born 8/08 (easy healthy pregnancy)
Surprise BFP Twins 11/09 1st MC 12/09 back on BC 2/10
Off BC 6/11,BFP 8/12 MC#2 8/12, BFP 10/12 MC#3 & D&C 12/12
RE 4/13, Hysteroscopy/tubal cannulation 7/13, Diagnosed:RM                             

BFP 9/13 Our miracle baby EDD May 28, 2014

Re: When did you see heartbeat?

• My doc said you SHOULD see it by the 6th week.  However, a lot of people are off on their dates so if you don't see it, don't freak out.  They will bring you in again in a week - by then it should there

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • They did mine at 8 weeks.
  • With my first pg, I had an u/s at 5.5 weeks and all that could be seen is the yolk sac. They made me wait until 9 weeks for another u/s, and by then the heartbeat was very visible. Good luck!!

DS #1: May 25, 2007

DS #2: Jan 7, 2009

DD #3 due May 17, 2014!!! Low lying placenta and DD measuring 1 week ahead at big u/s

• Eh still waiting on my. I'm guessing around 12 weeks

It's a BOY

• I saw DD's heartbeat at 6 wk 1 day.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound at 8 weeks each time.

We had reliable location of the HB via hand held Doppler at 14 weeks.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• 5wks 6 days w/ a transvaginal u/s. Like you said, it's different for every pregnancy though and just one day can make a difference this early in the game! (I had an u/s done 2 days before and there was nothing but a yolk sac)

• 6w6d with my first pregnancy. Haven't had an ultrasound yet with this LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 6 weeks 5 days
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersAnniversary  
  • saw and heard for the first time at 6w6d
  • 6w1d. I saw the heartbeat but it was a little slow because of how early it was, which thy are tellin me is normal.

• 6weeks 4days with a trans vaginal ultrasound. I go back on Friday for my 8 weeks scan :-)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 7wks 2 days with an abdominal ultrasound.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• I saw my little monsters heartbeat at 8 weeks & 4 days. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary
  • 6w1d translational ultrasound. We saw the flickering, but he didn't do a heartbeat count. Is that normal?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yesterday.. At 18 weeks. I didn't have an ultrasound until then (it was elective to find out we are having a baby boy!) I was able to hear his heartbeat at 11 1/2 weeks, and I bought a doppler after that. I hear its not unusual to be able to see the heartbeat at 6 weeks, but like you say, every pregnancy is different.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited October 2013
    I heard mine yesterday @ 6wks & 2days & it was at 114 the doc said :) :)
  • 8 weeks and 2 days during a vaginal ultrasound =)

~~ Mom to an amazng 2 1/2 year old and expecting AGAIN =) ~~

• 6w2d on a TV ultrasound, 8w we saw it through regular abdominal ultrasound

• Had my first apt yesterday at 5w6d and they are bringing me back in 2 weeks to hear the heartbeat.
  • 6w4d, transvaginal u/s. Could see and hear it.

• 9 weeks 4 days. But it was my first appointment/us
  • With DS- 6w2d. This time 6w5d.

• Well after four years of my first son I tried to get pregnant n that took six months but I lost my pregnancy in 10 weeks. Everything was growing n improving but heart didn't start beating n then atlast hcg level got down n that's endup me on DNC. So now after four months I got pregnant again but n went in my first appointment in sixth week with two hcg levels, first was 19660 on 5w, 4d n other 27600 on 6 week. Apparently doctor seems no problem n call me two weeks but since dr didnt hear any heart beat yet so m with very dual feelings. Confuse from inside. But positive since have all believe in AllAh that he will decide best for me.
  • I still haven't seen a heartbeat. I'm 6 w 5 d

It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards