January 2014 Moms
Options

Alchohol....

2»

Re: Alchohol....

• Options
    hahaha I noticed the spelling but it tricked my eyeballs that I had to look at it a few times before I confirmed with my brain that it was indeed misspelled! HAHA!

& I've had a few siparoonies of the delicious seasonal beers DH keeps bringing home- he usually offers me a sip and watches VERY closely to monitor size and frequency of sip-taking. haha...such a turd! Otherwise, I'm ok waiting a few more months to have my very own beer, though I am tempted to stash a couple of each of my favorite seasonals to have after..hehe
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I didn't drink anything in the first trimester. But now that I'm nearing my third Tri it doesn't scare me. I've had a half a glass to a glass if wine here and there. It's fine. Especially if you are like me and are under a tremendous amount if stress. It's better for you and the baby to have a peaceful mind then to have high anxiety. Enjoy a glass and not to worry. Besides they say in the third Tri if you feel like you are going into labor have some wine if the labor pains stop then it's just Braxton hicks. See it's good for several reasons.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tesskerr said:
    I have had a mojito with a Mexican lunch (from a Mexican chain family restaurant, I knew their mojitos were not very strong). I sipped that over an hour and a half. I have had half a glass of bubbles with oj. I have had a beer with a pizza dinner, 2 different times. Again sipped it over about an hour and a half. I have had half a beer at home, twice, I have also had a very small baileys and milk (half a shot, huge glass of milk) All of these times were at least 2 weeks apart. My doc said up to 2 drinks a week is fine. I totally get the not drinking, but I do not get the difference a lot of you make a big deal about, between spirits and wine. To me a serve of booze is a serve of booze. It's not like your placenta is going to say "wine,well that's ok! But vodka, I'll let you right on in and straight to the baby!"
    @tesskerr - FWIW, I haven't done the research on this (which I usually do) so I don't know the logic - if there is any. My doc said beer and wine were fine in moderation, but specifically said no hard liquor. However, the cocktails here are generally crap so I didn't really investigate. As with anything, I'm pretty sure moderation and common sense are most important regardless of the type of alcohol you choose to consume. :)
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

• Options
    i miss beer!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I take sips of wine. With my first i had a drink and then she kicked liked crazy for the entire night from all the sugar, i didn't do it again lol. But def sips!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"