January 2014 Moms
Options

In the hot seat: rowanthefrog

rowanthefrogrowanthefrog member
edited September 2013 in January 2014 Moms
Alrighty ladies...I'm ready...hit me!

Ground Rule: Each person in the hot seat gets 3 passes on their day if a question asked gets too personal or uncomfortable.  Once a question has been passed, it cannot be asked again and further questions must not address that topic. Any person who asks a question simply posts a response to THIS thread.  The person in the hot seat will quote your question, and put her answer in her response. 
imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

Re: In the hot seat: rowanthefrog

• Options
    What is your:

Favourite movie?

Favourite TV show?

Biggest celeb crush?
  • Options

Is there really a frog named Rowan?

If you could be any animal what would you be and why?

What is your all time, punch someone in the face to get it, favorite dessert?

Have you actually ever punched someone in the face?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What is your favorite thing about being a mother?

What is your least favorite thing about being a mother?

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • Options
    If you could be on any gameshow, what would it be?

What's your biggest fear?

How did you meet your H?

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    What three things could you never, ever live without [besides kids, husband, family etc.]?

What's your favorite sandwich [if you even like sandwiches]?

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take?
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Dishylo said:
    What is your:

Favourite movie? The Red Violin

Favourite TV show? All time? My So-Called Life.  Currently? I'm enjoying Nip/Tuck and Fringe

Biggest celeb crush? I would leave my family for Ryan Gosling ;) (JK, mostly...)

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 

• Options

Is there really a frog named Rowan? Of course! Me :) Not that I know of. I've had this online name since I got on the internet though. Rowan was my favorite character from my favorite book at the time "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice and I had an obsession with frogs. Was trying to come up with a name no one else would use!

If you could be any animal what would you be and why? A cat...specifically one of mine :)

What is your all time, punch someone in the face to get it, favorite dessert? Right now, just about anything. Actually, when we lived in NJ there was a restaurant called Presto and they had this large, partially baked cookie topped with ice cream, chocolate syrup, and ice cream, it was to die for.

Have you actually ever punched someone in the face? Nope, pretty sure I haven't!

imageimageimage

• Options
    HappyDoc said:
    What is your favorite thing about being a mother? They are just delicious. I love the things they say, I love watching their little brains work and figure things out. I love seeing how they resemble DH and I, and how they are also their own little people. 

What is your least favorite thing about being a mother? Their ability to push me to the limits of my patience...and then some! The constantness of it...there is NO break ever.  This maybe isn't a "least favorite" thing, but its the biggest adjustment. 

imageimageimage

• Options
    goldenB said:
    If you could be on any gameshow, what would it be? I don't think it exists, but I have crazy movie trivia knowledge. I wish I could make some money off of that.

What's your biggest fear? DH or my children dying.

How did you meet your H? We met in college philosphy class. We like to joke that we smelled each other across a crowded room. Our pheromones love each other. We didn't start dating seriously for another 3 years bc both of us were with other people or in other cities, but we could never stay away from each other for long and that continues. Our 9 yr wedding anniversary is this month!

imageimageimage

• Options
    What three things could you never, ever live without [besides kids, husband, family etc.]? Q-tips (I HATE it when the inside of my ears are wet after a shower, it drives me bonkers), my Kindle (I have to read every night), sparkling water.

What's your favorite sandwich [if you even like sandwiches]? Just recently I started liking sandwiches, but I'd have to say grilled cheese.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take? I'd take DH for sure, maybe the kiddos. I'd love to go to Australia, I want to dive on the Great Barrier Reef.

imageimageimage

• Options
    What are you naming baby boy #3? Are you sticking with the E theme with him as well?

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    wilburbud said:
    If you had to leave your house in 30 seconds to never return, what would you grab? I'm assuming that this assumes my family and pets are safe :) After that I would grab my external hard drives that store all of my pictures and videos. Just about everything else is replaceable but those memories aren't.

Whats your favorite beer? Wine? cocktail? Beer: something I tried in Austria and have never found again, "Kaiser Doppler Malt" so delicious! Wine - never met one I didn't like, but I love Conundrum, I love most Pinots. Cocktail - don't drink much liquor, but when I have to I like Capn morgan and coke

If you could change one thing about Dh, what would it be? I wish he was handier and could (and would) fix stuff more around the house!

A

imageimageimage

• Options
    If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

If you could have any meal right this minute what would it be?

If you had the opportunity to have an entirely different career tomorrow what would you like to do?
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • Options
    mrsjenni said:
    What are you naming baby boy #3? Are you sticking with the E theme with him as well?
    Ah-ha! The million dollar question :) Technically we are keeping it a secret because we are naming him after my dad and I want to tell him in the delivery room after he is born. Our other sons have middle family names after DH's dad's side of the family, none after his mom's or my family.

This boy will be: Andrew Comfort.  Comfort is DH's grandmother's maiden name and his middle name.

So no, we are bucking the E tradition (we didn't do it on purpose anyway.) This will most likely be the last grandchild for my parents and it's the 7th boy. I'm excited to honor my dad by giving him his name, especially since his last name will die with him, since he only has daughters.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    KaitiMac said:
    Name all the places you've lived since you were born!
    Born in New Orleans, LA - lived there until I was 12.
    Moved to Atlanta, GA - lived there until college.
    Hartford, CT - 1st year of college (Trinity)
    Oxford, OH - 2nd yr of college (Miami of Ohio)
    London and Denia , Spain (I was an Au Pair)
    Cape May, NJ and Marathon, FL - (when I was in the Coast Guard)
    Sayreville, NJ - relocated there with DH
    Now we are back in Atlanta

imageimageimage

• Options
    Cara1024 said:
    If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I wish I was cleaner and more organized. I can do it, but it does not come naturally to me.

If you could have any meal right this minute what would it be? An amazing steak :)

If you had the opportunity to have an entirely different career tomorrow what would you like to do? I actually love what I do, I don't think I would change a thing. I stay at home with my boys and I do Passion Parties on evenings and weekends. I enjoy being able to be home with my boys and I really love what I do, it's very fun and rewarding! So believe it or not I don't think I would change a thing!

imageimageimage

• Options
    Describe your typical weekday.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    mrsjenni said:
    Ah-ha! The million dollar question :) Technically we are keeping it a secret because we are naming him after my dad and I want to tell him in the delivery room after he is born. Our other sons have middle family names after DH's dad's side of the family, none after his mom's or my family.

This boy will be: Andrew Comfort.  Comfort is DH's grandmother's maiden name and his middle name.

So no, we are bucking the E tradition (we didn't do it on purpose anyway.) This will most likely be the last grandchild for my parents and it's the 7th boy. I'm excited to honor my dad by giving him his name, especially since his last name will die with him, since he only has daughters.
    It can be a vowel theme then ;)  SO CUTE!  And Ethan, Elliot and Andrew sound adorable together!

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    What is your favorite book genre? book?
    Do you have any pets? If yes, what? If no, would you ever want a pet?

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Options
    Describe your typical weekday.
    Well, I'll describe two since I have two types of days - one day when I don't have my kiddos and one day when I have one of them.

Mondays and Wednesdays:
    Up at 6:10am - get E1 breakfast, pack his lunch and on the school bus. Then I either go back to bed or do stuff around the house until E2 wakes up, usually at 8am. Get him dressed, breakfast and drop him off at school.

Then I have a few precious hours to do anything and everything, groceries, clean house, do my work for my business, have some "me time," whatever needs to be done.

12-2pm - pick up E2 from school, feed him lunch, put him down for a nap.
    2:40 - E1 gets off the bus, feed him a snack, do homework
    3:30ish - everything is done and we usually go outside to play for awhile or have a playdate.
    5pm - cook dinner
    5:30- eat dinner
    6:15pm - upstairs, baths, PJs, wrestlemania time, stories and bed around 7pm

7pm-10:30pm - DH and I get to hang out and off to bed.

On the other days I have my 2 yr old home with me and we usually go to playdates, hit the park etc in the morning and the rest of the day is the same!

A
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Marry, "F", Kill....
    1. Ryan Gosling
    2. George Clooney
    3. Mark Wahlberg

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    rowanthefrogrowanthefrog member
    edited September 2013
    daltoso said:
    What is your favorite book genre? book? Do you have any pets? If yes, what? If no, would you ever want a pet?
    I love historical fiction and fantasy light :)

We have 2 cats, a frog, a 75 gallon African Cichlid tank and a goldfish we won at a fair 3 years ago that has mysteriously survived several life-threatening situations. Between those and my 2. 5 children I have plenty of living things depending on me right now and don't want or need any more!! :)

A
    imageimageimage

• Options
    What were you like as a child?
    Are either of your kids like you?
    As a young child I was extremely shy (that continued until around 14 or 15) and I was a rule follower.

Both of my boys are very outgoing, they can talk to anyone and they both lay on the charm. They get that from their dad. E1 doesn't like to listen much or do what we ask of him. We work with him on it, but its an ongoing battle. Also gets that from his dad. E2 is more of a rule follower so he gets that from me. They are both big snugglers, they get that from both of us. But if I had to pick I would say my second son is more like me than my 1st. MY 1st is JUST like his dad.

A
    imageimageimage

• Options
    What is your favorite physical feature on your DH/SO?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Options
    BMReid said:
    If you could change one event in history (yours or global)-- what would you change? (This would not affect the time/space continuum.)
    Wow...that is a good one. Honestly I'm going to have to think about that, I feel like it requires a big answer :)
    imageimageimage

• Options
    What is your favorite physical feature on your DH/SO?
    His eyes. He has the nicest eyes. The show his kindness and compassion. My boys have his eyes and I love that!

A
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Marry, "F", Kill.... 1. Ryan Gosling 2. George Clooney 3. Mark Wahlberg
    Marry: Ryan Gosling
    F: Leonardo DiCaprio
    Kill: Struggling with this one...I don't hate anyone enough to want to KILL them. Nick Cage annoys me though. :)
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Any other question or are you done with me? :)
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I am pregnant with my third too and can't decide if this one will be an easy transition or if it will cause chaos for several months. My boys are 2.5 and 1 yr so a little younger but .... are we in for it or no big deal?
  • Options

Marry, "F", Kill....
    1. Ryan Gosling
    2. George Clooney
    3. Mark Wahlberg

Kill: Struggling with this one...I don't hate anyone enough to want to KILL them. Nick Cage annoys me though. :)

You had to pick from list!

:((

Also, my H has a creepy obsession with Nic Cage...I think he's repulsive.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    BMReid said:
    If you could change one event in history (yours or global)-- what would you change? (This would not affect the time/space continuum.)
    Honestly I'm really struggling with this one. There are some things that I regret from my personal life, (royally screwing up college for one) but if I hadn't done that then I would not be with DH. So that screwup led me to a good place that I don't regret.

Events in history are tougher....mostly I wish that there could be less suffering in this world. It's so hard to pick a particular event to eliminate though because I feel that the repercussions of these events resonate far deeper than we can possibly envision and lead to some good....and some bad.

So....I guess I'm taking my pass on this one, since I can't choose a particular event.

Sorry :)
    imageimageimage

• Options
    BEAUNAL said:
    I am pregnant with my third too and can't decide if this one will be an easy transition or if it will cause chaos for several months. My boys are 2.5 and 1 yr so a little younger but .... are we in for it or no big deal?
    Oh we are in for it for sure :)

A
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Marry, "F", Kill.... 1. Ryan Gosling 2. George Clooney 3. Mark Wahlberg
    You had to pick from list! :(( Also, my H has a creepy obsession with Nic Cage...I think he's repulsive.
    Ah! I thought you were saying you would marry ryan gosling, fuck george clooney and kill mark wahlburg.  Now I understand.

OK:

Fuck: Mark Walhburg
    Kill: George Clooney

:)
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"