Infertility

Does it ever get easier?!?

I just had my beta drawn. No results yet. But, I've lost it. I already knew, as I've tested, but had yet to cry about this negative. That is until the needle was in my arm & RE decides to ask if I tested. I lost it. I hate this!!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does it ever get easier?!?

• I'm sorry you're feeling down... I don't think it gets any easier. If anything, I have noticed each one gets harder to accept :( ((hugs))
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • bhead81bhead81 member
    edited September 2013
    **SIGGY**

I am so sorry!  IF SUCKS!  ((HUGS))
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not that I've found so far...(((hugs))) do something fun for yourself today! 

• I've got to agree, it doesn't get easier. I've just found better ways to deal with the loss/accept the bad news. It's tough but you just have to remind yourself of all the good things you have and keep your eyes on the prize of a take home baby.
    Take care of yourself today. (((Hugs)))
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so so sorry :(:(
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • I'm so sorry! I know the feeling all too well unfortunately :(. Just yesterday I was feeling down and had tons of anxiety. I just have to find the strength to continue to move fwd. Im scared to death for my 2nd round. I hope you and your hubby stay strong!
    2013- 2 IVF cycles with PGD to prevent genetic disorder from being passed on. Both BFFN :(
    2/2014 pregnant!  EDD 10/17/2014

All always welcome! :)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I crawled back into bed! :)
  • (((big hugs)))

• I am so sorry.  My losses in the past did not get any easier.  I guess we all have good and bad days and have no choice but to keep going forward.  This is not the end, just another (really hard and annoying) road block.  Surround yourself with people who care.  Hugs always helped me. 

• I'm so sorry about your results.  For me, it never gets easier.  It's like having a physical ailment, except for it has yet to heal and keeps getting worse.

IVF #1 Oct 2013- cancelled 
    IVF #2 Mar 2014- success.... baby girl born 11/28/14
    FET #1 Mar 2016- baby boy due 12/16/16

• RunCC37 said:
    I'm sorry you're feeling down... I don't think it gets any easier. If anything, I have noticed each one gets harder to accept :( ((hugs))
    I totally agree with you @RunCC37. I think the negatives and the losses earlier on were easier bc in a way you kinda accepted.... "ok, i knew it probably wasn't going to be THAT easy". In a way, i feel like the earlier on that it was.. there was still so much hope. Hope is something that diminishes each and every month that goes by or each and every failed attempt that happens. I feel less and less hopeful. Like this is NEVER going to happen.
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    TTC naturally since Dec 2011

TTC ART since Dec 2012

Dx: Seems to be low progestrone
    Drug Cocktails since Jan 2013
    List of Meds: Letrozole, Ovidrel, & Follistim, Prometrium, Endometrin

BFP #1: Feb 2013; Lost 7 days later, Chem Preg
    BFP #2: June 2013; Lost 4 days later; Chem Preg

BFP #3: Sept 2013; 6 wks pg; Miscarraige with DNC in Oct 

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/tt18cc6e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • RunCC37 said:
    I'm sorry you're feeling down... I don't think it gets any easier. If anything, I have noticed each one gets harder to accept :( ((hugs))
    I totally agree with you @RunCC37. I think the negatives and the losses earlier on were easier bc in a way you kinda accepted.... "ok, i knew it probably wasn't going to be THAT easy". In a way, i feel like the earlier on that it was.. there was still so much hope. Hope is something that diminishes each and every month that goes by or each and every failed attempt that happens. I feel less and less hopeful. Like this is NEVER going to happen.
    Exactly. It is so hard to stay hopeful when you see something progress so "perfectly" all along and then in the end it is the same disappointing result. I am feeling a lot more hopeful this cycle as an IVF newbie, but I can't completely stifle the fear that this could flop just like everything else before. I'm trying to stuff that in the back of my mind and hang onto the excitement and hope. Sigh.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Yeah I'm with you guys. So hard cause before IVF I knew if the other attempts didn't work, there was always IVF. Now with a CP & then just plain BFN under my belt its just discouraging. Especially with all frozen embryos being highest & best grading! Grrr. On positive note, looks like DH is ready to put 2 in next time, that'll help with this #'s game!
  • (((Hugs))) It doesn't get easier but when you getting the reward (BFP) the feeling is greater. Im sorry...Yay for getting DH to go for two!!

• kjf114kjf114 member
    edited September 2013
    After going through a bfn and a loss.. It does.. I'm hopeful again and optimistic we are pushed till we break then assemble stronger next time. I'm so sorry your dealing with this.

us      dogs

Me: 28, DH: 30 TTC since March 2012
    PCO & MTHFR Homozygous/Severe MFI (undescended teste & double hernia as baby)

12/12: 50mg clomid= bfn
    1/13: 100mg clomid= bfn
    2/13: 100mg clomid= bfn 
    6/13: IVF/ICSI (x1 4AA)=BFFN ~49R, 44M, 33F, 14 frosties  OHSS
    8/13: FET #1 (x1 4AA)=First EVER BFP 4dp5dt!! d&c @ 6.5 wks, blighted ovum

10/13: FET #2 (x2 4AA)= BFP 4dp5dt! Twins!!, perfect u/s then spontaneous m/c @ 5 wks
    11/13= RPL/Karotyping= MTHFR Homozygous c667t
    1/14= FET #3 our 2 year anniversary & hopefully our miracle

2 Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

pumpimage

• I don't think it gets easier, you either become numb, learn how to cope, or the intensity lessens slightly so you can manage it better. I'm sorry, this is an incredibly difficult journey

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• I was just wondering the same thing. It never seems to get easier. Trying to stay positive.

DH 38- Low Everything
    Me 33- AMH .9
    Married 11 years
    2002-current IUIs, meds, natural = All BFN

Aug. '13  Attempt at IVF #1 with Lurpon Flare- Canceled due to ovulation through Lupron.
    Sept. '13 - We will try again with EPP.

October '13 Started BCP for December IVF. Long Lupron protocol. Canceled due to ovulation through Lupron.

April '14 Planning IVF attempt #3. Adding Cetrotide. Doc consult at the end of this month. 

imageimage                                                   

• Thanks everyone! Had a good cry today & now moving forward! Even checked out due date if we go for Feb FET ;)
  • Goodness, if it makes you feel any better, I cry close to every day lol. .....and, I've never been a big cryer until I started this crap haha. I'm really glad to hear you're thinking positively and looking towards the future!! :)
    2013- 2 IVF cycles with PGD to prevent genetic disorder from being passed on. Both BFFN :(
    2/2014 pregnant!  EDD 10/17/2014

All always welcome! :)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Who knows, I may breakdown again! I might just be numb at this point. I was kinda "whatever" this whole FET cycle though???
  • It doesn't get easier for me, but I get better at being numb to the sadness and despair.
    Me:35,  DH: 39   
    TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
    8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
    10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
    3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
    4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
    6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
    8/13: FET #1= BFN
    10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • That's exactly how I feel, @AJC&Maggie. I may just die of shock whenever I do see a BFP. I'm used to the disappointment...
    2 years of trying and 4 months of fertility with injectables. Gave up after mc. Got Pregnant on our own and now due 10.28.14
  • I think that's what it is... I'm numb & jaded. Ugh. Sad!
  • I'm sorry.  Please continue to rely on your husband, family and friends.  They all matter and really care.  You have another "little princess" to take care of and who thinks the world of you!  =)

************** Siggy Warning************

Married August 2012 -- Me (40 yrs old) My husband (45 yrs. old) 

RE referral from ObGYN in late Jan. 2013 -- Testing Confirms Unexplained IF 

IUI #"s1 - 3 (Femara + IUI) April - June 2013 - all BFN

Decided to do IVF... Began stimming on September 10th!  Egg Retrieval 9/20/13.  19 eggs: 6 to mature to freeze after 6 fertilized with ICSI

3 morula stage embryos transferred on 9/25/13.....Beta #1 on 10/4/13/ = 7.5  Beta #2 on 10/6/13 =  negative

IVF#2 - Lupron plan  (set to begin on 10/28/13)  (Planning on thawing and fertilizing our 6 eggs with ICSI as well as all of the mature eggs they retrieve with this fresh cycle.)

Late October 2013 - ectopic pregnancy - methotrexate injection....benched 3 months

CD1 - 12/5/13...Lupron set to start on 12/26/13; CD1 - 1/2/14....Baseline 1/3/14....begin follistim tonight and continue with lupron.  (Got my calendar today!  IVF#2 is a go!)

ER = 1/14/14  (11 eggs....9 were mature. 9 fertilized.  Of the 6 mature eggs we thawed, only 4 fertilized.  At this time, we have 13 eggs fertilized and growing.  Waiting for news about a 3-day or 5-day transfer.)

ET = 1/19/14  (5dt).....3 blastocysts transferred!   (All nine embryos didn't make it to freeze.  =(  )

Beta #1 = 1/28/14   (2 weeks after ER)  BFP! 209 (9dp5dt)   EDD 10/7/14

Beta #2 - 1/30/14  (11 dp5dt) 302

Beta #3 - 2/3/14  (15 dp5dt)  1222 

Ultrasound set for 2/17/14......TWINS!        Twin A - HR 124 bpm; Twin B - HR 126 bpm

Final Ultrasound with RE 3/10/14 - Twin A - HR 176 bpm; Twin B - HR 177 bpm.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome! 

imageimage 

imageimageimage

• RunCC37 said:
    RunCC37 said:
    Exactly. It is so hard to stay hopeful when you see something progress so "perfectly" all along and then in the end it is the same disappointing result. I am feeling a lot more hopeful this cycle as an IVF newbie, but I can't completely stifle the fear that this could flop just like everything else before. I'm trying to stuff that in the back of my mind and hang onto the excitement and hope. Sigh.
    This is exactly how I feel
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"