August 2012 Moms

H2O

How much water is your LO drinking?  DS rarely wants water, I usually try to offer it at least 3 times a day most of the time he throws his sippy cup and screams until I give him milk.  He would drink milk all day everyday if I let him.
DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: H2O

• None. :\">   He used to drink a ton while i was still breastfeeding, but now i feel like i am always trying to get enough milk in him, so he never drinks water.  He is starting to do better with the milk now though, so I should start introducing more water again.  He loves it.
    image image
  • She drinks about 3 sippy cups (4-6oz each) a day. She would drink milk all day too if I let her!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Probably about 2 6oz sippy cups. She still nurses 2-3 times a day so im not worried about her milk intake at this point.
  • I am not entirely sure how much she drinks. I have her water cup available all day long and she can drink whenever she wants. I offer her milk at meal/snack times. She is still nursing 2 times a day so I know she's getting liquid then too!
    BFP #1 5/16/11 - M/C 5/20/11 BFP #2 7/26/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 7/28/11 BFP #3 8/31/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/10/11 (Worst Birthday Ever!!) BFP #4 12/3/11 DD born 8/13 Perfect in every way!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no idea. He always has a straw cup of water going. We're still nursing so I only offer WCM at meals and he has water the rest of the time. I think as long as he's peeing, you're probably fine. His doc said he will drink when he's thirsty, like us. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• DD drinks a ton of water - probably 4 sippy cups per day full?  We also put in a splash of juice.  She has been boycotting milk, though, so that's the only hydration she's getting other than a bottle of rice milk before bed.  She is a great solid food eater, so our pediatrician said it was OK that she's not drinking much milk.  We're trying to get her plenty of cheese and yogurt.

I get dehydrated really easily and drink a ton of water, and also didn't drink milk as a kid, so we have that in common...

BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Ds doesn't really like water unless there is a small amount of juice in it, if not then its going to be on the floor. I don't really worry about him getting enough liquids though because he will drink 3-4 sippys of milk if I let him!

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• None :( I offer it all day but he takes a sip and pushes it away.

I figure he's getting enough in fruit/soups and enough liquids from milk at meals and nursing twice a day.
  • Maybe about 12 oz?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know, but it's a lot. She loves water and sips it all day long. It probably totals 12-16 ounces.
  • I would say she drinks 3 6oz sippy's a day give or take.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • She goes through like 3 16oz cups a day sometimes. She loves her water. 
  • Every morning I fill a sippy cup with water and set it on our end table. When she gets thirsty she will take a drink.

I'd say she drinks about 2-3 a day.

She has milk with meals and water with snacks and throughout the day.
  • I don't measure how much water B drinks so I'm not sure.  I give him a sippy of water thats available to him all day and if its getting low, I refill it.  He definitely drinks more water than milk though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"