December 2013 Moms

Pain management???

I had carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands with my DS. It was the typical numbness and tingling with some mild weakness. Last week my left hand was hurting and it started to radiate down my arm to my elbow. Knowing it was probably CTS again I busted out the brace again. The brace helps don't get me wrong but sometimes it just freakin hurts and taking Tylenol is like pissing in the wind!!!!!
Anyone have any other advice on ways to decrease the pain in my arm???

Re: Pain management???

• I have never had carpel tunnel so this might not help but would icing or heating do anything?
  • There's exercises you can do that are supposed to help, you do them 5-10 times per day. I forget exactly what, but search online, I'm sure you'll find something.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Loading the player...
  • I have major bad carpal tunnel right now too. Do you wear the braces all day?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There are exercises you can do as PP said.
    Also, I've been having severe back pain- to the point that I can't walk across the house- and my dr gave me the okay to take ibuprofen in half doses for no more than 2 days.
    Definitely call and ask before doing this, but it could be an option if you're comfortable with it. He also gave me Tylenol 3 to take as needed, but I try not to take that unless I'm on the verge of tears.

I have been, taking it off for short increments to air out. Slept without it last night and it's killing me today!!!
  • Lroberts1187Lroberts1187 member
    edited September 2013
    Oh I can't wait to take Motrin again! Tylenol sucks!
  • Oh I can't wait to take Motrin again! Tylenol sucks!

I told DH that I want a Costco sized bottle of ibuprofen for my push present.

I have been, taking it off for short increments to air out. Slept without it last night and it's killing me today!!!
    Wear them all the time! Especially while you sleep. I can only imagine the pain you're in now since you didn't wear them last night! I love ibuprofen too. Just take a couple extra Tylenol. What braces do you have? Are they tan in color? Did you buy them at a drug store? I know I had more pain with the braces I bought from the drug store. I had to purchase mine online and they're so much better!

Wear them all the time! Especially while you sleep. I can only imagine the pain you're in now since you didn't wear them last night! I love ibuprofen too. Just take a couple extra Tylenol. What braces do you have? Are they tan in color? Did you buy them at a drug store? I know I had more pain with the braces I bought from the drug store. I had to purchase mine online and they're so much better!
    Mine is from walmart. It helps with the wrist pain but not the elbow,obviously.
    Dr. Appointment on Friday maybe he can give me something.
  • Slept with brace last night, still sore but nothing like yesterday morning but I'm feeling. Numbness in my right hand more now! I'm scared of what is gonna happen if I get it this bad in both hands. It's already hard to drive with the brace on my left! And my hubs is out of town Monday thru Friday right now! I can barely get things done with my one gimp hand much less two!
  • My mom had bad carpel tunnel. She actually ended up having surgery in both wrists. Anyway, for physical therapy she had this vibrating massager, and yes it actually looked like a mini vibrator. She would have to massage inside of her wrists with it, so maybe something like that could help you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"