NBR: Pear recipes? — The Bump
December 2013 Moms

NBR: Pear recipes?

My mom brought over a bunch of pears this weekend. We probably won't eat them so I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes that use pears. Thanks!

Re: NBR: Pear recipes?

• I just made a pear pie that was delicious!  I pretty much just followed an apple pie recipe.

Last year I made this pear upside down cake that was also very good, I think this was the recipe.

Peeling, halfing and grilling them is also an easy and healthier use for them.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can freeze them too...Dice them up and put them in the freezer.  Not sure if you plan on making food for LO or not.  You freeze them raw in small portions....Then just thaw, cook, and serve to LO.  Mix it with cereal...you are set!

Oh I never thought of that. We start solids on the later end, definitely not until. 6 mths so will it freeze ok for that long?
  • Pear tart - the Martha Stewart site has a good one. Also - I've made a nice pear cheesecake before if you're into that.

Poached pears are also really good (don't worry about using wine, the alcohol in it evaporates when you cook it) - here's one recipe http://wine.about.com/od/howwineismade/r/poachedpears.htm

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• We have a pear tree in our yard that produces tons of pears every other year. My favorite recipe is this pear and cranberry crisp:
    http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/pear-cranberry-crisp/59b9a377-02e3-42e9-896f-64965c4b5024

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards