July 2013 Moms
Options

School me on convertible car seats...

Do they have a base they just click into like the infant seats? I have a small car, with a short back seat... any recommendations?

Re: School me on convertible car seats...

• Options
    I think they stay stationary.
  • Options
    No base. They are pretty easy to install. I have a small car, too, and it fits fine. You just can't put the seats back as far as you could if it wasn't installed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No base, they stay in your car. You'll want one for each car if you use multiple cars on a regular basis because they can be a pain to install. Once your LO gets around 20 lbs it's really heavy to carry them around in the baby bucket anyway.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No base, you leave them in there all the time and move LO in and out. They are adjustable for rear facing and fwd facing, and different heights and weights. We moved DS1 at about 6-7 months because I just couldn't carry him in his plastic bucket anymore! He stayed rear facing until 2. We have the Evenflo Symphony and have been happy with it, may get a similar model for DS2. We bought one for each of our cars so DH had one in his car too and we don't move them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have to leave a car seat with him at day care... so this is going to suck lol
  • Options

We have to leave a car seat with him at day care... so this is going to suck lol

I'd pick up a cheap seat to just leave there permanently. You can get one at Walmart or target for about $100.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jegoffin said:

I'd pick up a cheap seat to just leave there permanently. You can get one at Walmart or target for about $100.

Good idea!

• Options

Check out the Car Seats for the Littles Facebook page.  Its filled with expert carseat techs and they can answer any specific questions you have including what might be best for your car and needs.

FWIW, If LO gets too heavy to carry around the in the infant seat, but is still within the height and weight limit, just leave the car seat in the car and take them in and out, like you would have to with a convertible.  I can never figure out why people move to a convertible because "the infant seat was too heavy".

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    klyann said:

Check out the Car Seats for the Littles Facebook page.  Its filled with expert carseat techs and they can answer any specific questions you have including what might be best for your car and needs.

FWIW, If LO gets too heavy to carry around the in the infant seat, but is still within the height and weight limit, just leave the car seat in the car and take them in and out, like you would have to with a convertible.  I can never figure out why people move to a convertible because "the infant seat was too heavy".

We have 1 infant seat and 2 cars (with 2 bases) that we use daily once I go back to work. DH does drop off and I do pickup. That's why. When baby gets heavy we'll put a convertible in at least one of the cars.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a very tall baby and he only has a few inches before he out grows the infant seat. Husband does drop off and I do pick up so we'll need 2 seats and something to leave at day care
  • Options
    klyann said:

Agreed. Half the time I do this anyway because he hates his car seat. I'm not sure why people switch for this reason either.
  • Options
    We have diono radians and I love them. The baby HATED the infant seat but is doing better in the convertible. The convertible is also WAY easier to get her in and out of which is the main reason we switched her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    If you want a good cheap convertible, the Cosco Scenera is awesome and sells for around $40. We have one as an extra seat.

• Options
    With ds1 we switched to the convertible not only because he was so heavy but because we were going to have to do it at some point anyway and they were on sale :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm definitely glad she requires it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"